Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 219289 times)

bride2B

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »
Were you guys surprised to be rejected from Berkeley?  My numbers are above the average on LSN for both waitlists and defers...  Plus I have three years of big law experience, wrote their 4 page personal statement and graduated PBK from the top liberal arts school on the west coast.  I am just really hurting because I really wanted to go there...

ohhayitskk

• Sr. Citizen
  • please don't stop the music
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »
Sorry to all the Berkeley rejection receivers today. It sounds like you all have great options, though!

jeekers, berkeley is going nuts today...they rejected my boyfriend too, but for grad school, which was actually really surprising. sorry guys.
bc eleven.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »
Were you guys surprised to be rejected from Berkeley?  My numbers are above the average on LSN for both waitlists and defers...  Plus I have three years of big law experience, wrote their 4 page personal statement and graduated PBK from the top liberal arts school on the west coast.  I am just really hurting because I really wanted to go there...

i personally wasn't surprised.  my GPA isn't all that high, and my PS was only a little over 2 pages.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

viv

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
are you sure LSAC sent your updated score report and it was looked at...maybe they made the decision before getting your score.

The dates on all the decision letters would indicate they did. LSAC sent out score report 1/2/08... the earliest decision was 1/18. Seemed like they waited for and went oh just a 166.. lets not even bother to waitlist. The concerning one is UConn even with a 162 I should have gotten in.
I strongly suggest that you contact the schools where you're still pending, and even contact the schools where you've been rejected/waitlisted to make sure they have the update in your file.  I read one LSN profile from last cycle (or maybe it was the cycle before) of someone who retook the LSAT and was subsequently rejected by GW.  Because of the strength of his score in relation to GW's usual admits, he suspected that they somehow didn't take his second score into consideration.  He contacted them and they agreed to reconsider their decision (he was right that it just didn't get into his file for whatever reason).  He ended up being accepted.

You might not have such success, but it's worth checking to make sure--could be the difference between accept or reject.  And the worst that can happen is that they maintain the rejection you already have!

gladiator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Politics Blog
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2008, 10:23:05 PM »
I wasn't surprised. I actually wasn't going to apply because I thought I had no chance. I only applied because early in the cycle a few people with numbers near mine got in so I thought maybe their standards were a little lower this year.

Startin Up Soon!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2008, 10:39:19 PM »
Rejected at Yale.  My cycle is over!

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »
lol cowboy, i am hardly a goliath.  boalt seems to care a lot about GPAs, so there's that...and who knows if there was something in my app that turned them off.

there are plenty of other progressive schools in the T15 besides Berkeley.  no worries.  ;)

LSN

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2008, 10:53:10 PM »
HEY, anybody know if you schools will even consider giving you your app fee back if you withdraw before a decision is made?

negatory.

LSN

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »
Deferred at Notre Dame today!  Taking this as a bad sign...I feel like I applied everywhere way too late for my numbers.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ND deferral.  They have a very small class.  I was held there, and I was well above their 75ths and applied pretty early.  They are very picky, it seems.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2008, 11:27:31 PM »
HEY, anybody know if you schools will even consider giving you your app fee back if you withdraw before a decision is made?

negatory.

anyone ever asked?

probably also negatory. lol.
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.