Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Summer Start  (Read 393 times)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Michigan Summer Start
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »
So Michigan is by far my top choice, and I feel like I have an ok shot of admission per LSN (this year and last year). I went complete in early January and applied for both summer and fall starts.

Do any summer starters (or anybody really) know when they stop offering summer start positions to candidates? I am planning a long road trip with my gf for my spring break that goes through New Orleans (because I've never been) to Austin and finally to Nashville for the Vandy ASD. However, I am very timid about making these plans too concrete before knowing my status at Michigan. Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but I've fallen in love and this trip will be pretty expensive (I'm guessing ~$800 between the two of us). Vanderbilt will give me $200, but I don't know if UT will do something similar. I haven't received my letter from them, only a phone call.

That's a bit of rambling and I'm not getting my thoughts out too well. I guess I'll let the thread's path determine any further thoughts I have...

LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Summer Start
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »
So Michigan is by far my top choice, and I feel like I have an ok shot of admission per LSN (this year and last year). I went complete in early January and applied for both summer and fall starts.

Do any summer starters (or anybody really) know when they stop offering summer start positions to candidates?

Until the day of classes and probably some time after that.
Michigan 2L

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
Not including off the waitlist. Sorry, should have been more specific.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:04:53 PM »
Not including off the waitlist. Sorry, should have been more specific.

I'm not understanding the question.  The deposit deadline for UMich is April 30.  The day that classes start is May 27-28.  One of those.

Michigan normally starts to wailist people early March (for people who applied earlier).  They waitlist people that applied later towards the end of March.  I don't think they accept a lot of people in April.
Michigan 2L

RandyJay419

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
I was just wondering the same thing the other day.  I'm DYING to hear good news from Michigan...and Summer Start would be icing on the cake. 
Northwestern '11
------------------------------
"A lawyer's time and advice is his stock in trade." 
     -Abraham Lincoln

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
I don't have the answer, but I think the OP wanted to find out if the summer start class gets filled early, while fall acceptances continue to go out, or if they continue to offer for both groups.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 10:28:21 PM »
^Yeah, that's it.

Like, if I don't hear from them by X date, does it mean that the admission (if at all) would be for the fall? That's the question I'm looking to have answered.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011