Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: EXAMKRACKERS  (Read 2230 times)

bkoroma22

• MSN Messenger - bkoroma22@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bkoroma22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bkoroma22
    • View Profile
    • Email
EXAMKRACKERS
« on: February 08, 2008, 12:53:04 PM »
I hear they are getting into the LSAT prep game with books and prep classes. I know they are very well noted for their MCAT material and books, has anyone heard anything worthwhile about them?
Sometimes I just don't know

sirjake

• View Profile
Re: EXAMKRACKERS
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »
Interested in hearing if anyone's used these yet.  I considered med school and had a set of their MCAT books.  They definitely had their annoying points (trying to be cute and amusing), but were good over all.  I'm curious about this new venture....

bkoroma22

• MSN Messenger - bkoroma22@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bkoroma22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bkoroma22
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »
Supposedly, this guy from here wrote their books for it.  If I am remembering correctly he talked about it a little a while back while he was doing it.  I don't know if that means whether it's good or bad. 

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?action=profile;u=12871

The web page looked good until I found these parts:

We have shorter lectures. Compare our 60-minute lectures with our competitors’ three-hour lectures. If you are fighting off sleep during long lectures, you will miss important LSAT content and you won’t have the techniques to answer questions on your real LSAT. Examkrackers lectures are brief, so you can stay alert during the entire lecture and you won’t miss any LSAT content.

.... Only Examkrackers has an instructor review....

Each 60-minute lecture is followed by a miniature 25-minute LSAT-style test based on the material from the lecture. After the mini-exam, the instructor will spend 30 minutes reviewing each question from the exam and illustrating how a high-scorer uses the techniques. ....

http://www.examkrackers.com/lsat-prep.php

I just don't see how LESS instruction time is a selling point, but that is just my opinion.   :P

Well its not soley 60 minutes, remember they spend an additional 30 minutes reviewing each question from the exam. The only thing I'm not comfortable with is the fact that they only provide 2500 official LSAT questions. I do like the fact that they will go over the exam the LSAT exam that is administered. I do believe the practice exam is with their own created questions. I will call them to find out.
Sometimes I just don't know

casper13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »
I think it just depends on the teaching style and if they get the point across in that hour. I know if I had a 3 hour lecture class I would probably be either in a red bull coma or just go out of my mind. I am almost tempted to try this couse but then again its like a new model of car, never get the first year cause you always have some warranty work to do after. I do wanna see their RC book cause I dont think anyone actually has an entire book dedicate to RC and it seems to be a section that many do poorly on.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »
do they have any regular crackers, especially with cheez whiz? 

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »
do they have any regular crackers, especially with cheez whiz? 

we didn't start the fire, julie fern been burning since the world's been turnin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKu2QaytmrM

legends159

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
anyone try their RC book?

Tanemahuta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 01:21:49 AM »
anyone try their RC book?

i just ordered mine online last night. So i can let y'all know when i get 'em.
i'm sooo glad someone finally came up with one that focuses specifically on RC -

because frankly, my dear, i am hopeless.  ;)

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:30 AM »

Who knows, but I'm sure they can teach anyone to read in 60 minutes flat.

From what I've heard, well, let's just say I'm not losing any sleep over this.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

Who knows, but I'm sure they can teach anyone to read in 60 minutes flat.

From what I've heard, well, let's just say I'm not losing any sleep over this.

I think that is part of their goal for the students too, sleep at home and just stay in class "for as long as one redbull will keep you going before you need to pee!  lol

I do really like that they go over a miniature 25-minute LSAT-style test that is given at the end and claim to go over all the questions for the students in 30 minutes!  That's gotta be some pretty thorough review!  ha ha ha

"OK guys, listen up. #1 is A, #2 is D, #3 is E........"
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret