Law School Discussion

Visit to UVA

DESI

Re: Visit to UVA
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 06:19:40 PM »
no, there was a public interest thing - they came by the library and said there was leftover food so I ran there as fast as I could.  and a women's society thing (but I slept thru it). 

gobears

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 07:11:42 PM »
Hey thanks for that too kgd2b1!  I just had a quick question, hope that's OK?  Do you know if UVA tends to fill their class early by any chance?  Like people who apply late with solid scores might not be able to get in later (for e.g., I heard this about Michigan)?  I'm not gonna be applying till after I take the Dec LSAT, so I was wondering.  Cool thanks.

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 07:22:17 PM »
I am not sure how early they fill the classes.  The admissions person I spoke to said that they had gotten lots of applications already.  You could certainly call and ask.  Also, I don't think it would hurt to go ahead and send in your application in November, and they could start looking at it as soon as your Dec LSAT scores are posted.  Just a thought.  Send an email to lawadmit@virginia.edu.  They've been extremely quick and helpful in responding to questions I've had.

gobears

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 07:29:35 PM »
Cool, thanks kgd2b1, that's a good idea.  I'll email them right now. :)

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 07:36:31 PM »
Oh, and good luck! ;D

mukhia

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 10:49:59 PM »
Virginia gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

I'll play Roeper to kgd's Ebert.

I love UVA and am definitely applying (unless I bomb my LSATs and become too busy peeling egg off my face to apply).  I loved my UVA undergrad experience and am confident V-law experience would be on par. 

Nigerian girl - my close UVA friends are from Trinidad, Lebanon, Mexico, Brazil, India, Germany, Jamaica, Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, Japan, China, and a smattering of widespread states.  Also, as Kgd mentioned, many of my friends and classmates were from varying socio-economic backgrounds.  Then again, diversity at any school is what you make of it.  I can't speak for the LS scene, but am sure it's comparable.  What scary things did you hear?  I'm curious.  PM me if you like.

PS - all of you Cville-haters who claim it's a small town, bla bla - it'll knock your socks off if you know the places to go and people to see...

PPS - very jealous that Kgd and Desi met up without me