Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October LSAT games  (Read 761 times)

saf2001

• View Profile
October LSAT games
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:14:19 PM »
Hey could you all pleaseeee help me... I think I might have to cancel my score because I just don't know how I did on that 3rd game with the f,g,o and you had to put them in order(1-5) but also tell what century (8,10,15).  Anyhow, I think that question 13 was the first question of the game... and it was a "which one is an acceptable list of...".. does anyone remember any answers they got to any of these questions in this particular game?  And question 14 was one about if f could only be in one spot... but I can't remember the others.  I memorized all the acutal letters I put down for the questions in this game so anything will help.
Thank you!!!!!

peteybetey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: October LSAT games
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 07:37:41 PM »
This was the one I was bad at too; fortunately, I got the rest done in enough time to (I think) get most of it. 

Not sure of my particular answers to each question, but I do remember most of them.

The first (it was question #13) was the correct order one; I might have gotten D (not sure of which, to be honest)?

The second I don't remember well; your description sounds accurate from what I remember, though.

The third was about what places Gallagher could inhabit.  I'm almost certain it was second and fifth; I believe it was stated Gallagher couldn't be third, and first and fourth were reserved for areas discovered in a previous century than the second (tenth was the last century available to visit, and Gallagher's was set at tenth by the clues).

The last was how many lands visited could have been discovered by Ferrera; I put four, but I wasn't certain (I had it narrowed to three or four, since Gallagher had to be one; based on the conditions, I couldn't find justification for having to include the O one, since I thought you could set Gallagher at second and then have Ferrera as the rest).

I believe the one I'm leaving out was about the O explorer whose name I don't recall - I think it had something to do with the condition that he couldn't be visited fourth or fifth.  Hope this helps, and any help piecing together details would be appreciated if my ramble jogs a memory for anyone :).

edit : for clarity's sake, it was Ferrara, Gallagher, and the person whose name began with O; the centuries were 8th, 9th, and 10th.  There were conditions that Gallagher had exactly one on the list, and it was discovered in the tenth century; the O explorer couldn't be fourth or fifth; any lands discovered in the eigth century were discovered by O; and the third land visited had to have been discovered at a later date than the first and fourth.  There may have been one other condition I'm not recalling.

superiorlobe

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 07:48:04 PM »
Hey could you all pleaseeee help me... I think I might have to cancel my score because I just don't know how I did on that 3rd game with the f,g,o and you had to put them in order(1-5) but also tell what century (8,10,15).  Anyhow, I think that question 13 was the first question of the game... and it was a "which one is an acceptable list of...".. does anyone remember any answers they got to any of these questions in this particular game?  And question 14 was one about if f could only be in one spot... but I can't remember the others.  I memorized all the acutal letters I put down for the questions in this game so anything will help.
Thank you!!!!!

Question was:  If there is only one 10th century, then where can F NOT go.  The answer was C.  F cannot go in 3 because 3 has to be 10th century (because 3 is higher than 4 and four cannot be 8 ).

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 07:58:33 PM »
Thank you!!!!!

Question was:  If there is only one 10th century, then where can F NOT go.  The answer was C.  F cannot go in 3 because 3 has to be 10th century (because 3 is higher than 4 and four cannot be 8).

Do you think that one was AD/BC dependent?

superiorlobe

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 07:59:52 PM »
Thank you!!!!!

Question was:  If there is only one 10th century, then where can F NOT go.  The answer was C.  F cannot go in 3 because 3 has to be 10th century (because 3 is higher than 4 and four cannot be 8 ).

Do you think that one was AD/BC dependent?

Yes, it was.

peteybetey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 08:21:41 PM »
Superiorlobe - Do you recall the answer to the last one (max. possible number of Ferrara visits)?

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 08:36:38 PM »
Superiorlobe - Do you recall the answer to the last one (max. possible number of Ferrara visits)?

Definitely 4.
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor

peteybetey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 08:39:44 PM »
Thought so; it seemed obvious, but I got scared that the last one in the section would be so easy.  Glad to confirm it.

saf2001

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 09:14:49 PM »
How many questions were there in the 3rd game and then how many in the last?  Does anyone remember what the letter choice was for 4?  Was it D?