Law School Discussion

Anyone that remembers lr problems they had problems with- let's have them!!

superiorlobe

I had the elm/oak question and I only had 2 lr sections, so it couldn't have been experimental.

On elm oak the answer was E and had to do with a third person (Mara?) confirming either Tom or Jane

calibos11

Hey this is about reading comp... does anyone remember what the got for the one about how the law union passage was organized.  I was debating between D and E.  I think D was like "tells the positive and negative, then offers an argument" and the other one was "provides practical values of occurrence then provides more data on this."

Also did anyone get the others tone is "unimpressed" for the proponents of the union?

Also, what did you get for that easier LR section.. I think it was like question 20 or somewhere around that about the kids with the thrill-seeking like (impulsive) behavior that is correlated with a  certain gene."  I wasn't sure if the answer was E-other behaviors are correlated with this gene

I DID get "tells the positive and negative, then offers an argument" and "unimpressed"

I DID not get other behaviors are correlated with this gene.  For this last one I think I got something to the effect of "there's no way to tell whether the children's version of the disorder will progress into the adult version" or some variation thereof, drawing a distinction b/w the adult/child nature of the gene

calibos11

I had the elm/oak question and I only had 2 lr sections, so it couldn't have been experimental.

@#!*--I might have run out of time before I got to that one and had to guess on it.

On the thrill seeking behaviors I put that there is no way to tell if I child has some sort of behavior (maybe it was thrill seeking).  My thinking was if you couldn't measure the child on this then the whole argument was ruined.  Anyone else?

ryanjm

• View Profile
^Yep. That's the one I chose.

Good:)  Another one I hopefully got right.  At least I did ok in lr, too bad not on the rest.

Finally remember a question no-one's mentioned: the one about mother's milk containing something that's important for the development of eyesight, vs. formula that does not. And I can't remember the question, but that it wasn't easy for me. And that it was the first question in one of the LR sections.
Someone please enlighten me!

foxnewssucks

Finally remember a question no-one's mentioned: the one about mother's milk containing something that's important for the development of eyesight, vs. formula that does not. And I can't remember the question, but that it wasn't easy for me. And that it was the first question in one of the LR sections.
Someone please enlighten me!

I think I put something about the good fat being developed in the last 4 weeks.

That's what I put too.  Something about the fat that helped eye sight only developed in the milk in the last 4 weeks (after the 5 week baby would be born).

the ones I remember before I walked out
Question 1:

Person A created a "portrait," made up of the replications of gene structures of an older person beneath a glass
Person B) That can't be a portrait. It is not the true building blocks of that person
What do Person 1 and 2 disagree on?
1. that it is/ is not a portrait
2.  (another answer choice)

Question 2:

It is best to fill the road with ?? when it is -7 degrees centigrade (advantages and disadvantages to this), to fill it with ?? when it is -32 centigrade (advantages and disadvantages to this), and to fill it with ?? when it is -?? centigrade (adv/ disadv)
Which of the following statements is supported?
My Answer:
When it is -7 degrees, and (disadvantages eliminated), this fill-in preferred.

Question 3:

Parallel Reasoning:  Take a mistake and build into leanring experience, etc. A piano player learns from screwing up a recidal.

Question 4 just remember concept....Because they have not proven it false, it must be true. invalid reasoning