Law School Discussion

Anyone that remembers lr problems they had problems with- let's have them!!

BIG H2001

For the question dealing with Economists and their succesful pension plans, I put down that the flaw was that their employers could have chosen the plan for them. My friend thinks that the correct answer was that there is a flaw concerning appeal to an authority without justification. Please help....

i picked the one about appealing to authorities incorrectly or something like that, it was C i think.

I remember that question.  I think I picked E, something about choosing a plan to fit their needs and that's all I remember.

jag i cant remember which letter chocie that was for 26 youre talking baout -- the european union -- i rmember I selected C -- is that what the response youre referring to was?

jag2004- i put that they must resolve their differences to remain in power

BIG H2001

jag2004- i put that they must resolve their differences to remain in power

I put that too

Rizz98

• 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
For the economists one, I'm pretty sure it's appealing to authority without justification. There's one like that on almost every test, and it fits well there.

Like my brother, the finance major, who has a $1500 credit card bill and $80 in his bank account.

So, is the consensus for the economist one appeal to authority?

I have another LR question:

Anyone remember the one about opposition parties that rise to power but then splinter into disagreements once they are victorious?
We had to complete the sentence logically -- was it (B) that they must find a way to patch up their differences if they are to retain power, or (C) that they may not promulgate a new ideology to justify their policies once they are victorious???

i picked C for this one.

Also there was a question where you had to pick an analogous relationship (actually, now that I think of it, it might have been on Reading Comp)... One of the choices was that older (hand-sewn) garments were more tailored than new (machine-made) garments.  Another was that computer-typed letters generated more responses than typewriter letters, I think.
Does anyone remember this??  I think I put (A), something about the new things being less expertly made.
Help!

Rizz98

• 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jag I put A for that one too, but that was a "pick this & I'll go back" that I never got to. It's the first thing that popped up, but not one of my better questions.

superiorlobe

For the economists one, I'm pretty sure it's appealing to authority without justification. There's one like that on almost every test, and it fits well there.

Like my brother, the finance major, who has a $1500 credit card bill and $80 in his bank account.

I am pretty sure that the economists questions was that their employees may have chosen their health plan for them. When I was reading the setup, before I even got to the question, I remember thinking, just because these economists have this health plan doesn't mean they chose it or approve it. Maybe this company gives a free health plan to every economist who wins a prize and then they go tell everyone that economists use their health plan.

The authority answer was not the answer because economists are a good authority on the matter being discussed.