Law School Discussion

Anyone that remembers lr problems they had problems with- let's have them!!

calibos11

Re: Anyone that remembers lr problems they had problems with- let's have them!!
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2004, 06:41:39 PM »
Ok, here are two more to discuss.
2.)  One on the temp of earth cooling, something about cosmic rocks that stirred up *earth* dust, all i remember is i put that the last one wouldn't work.  the others seemed ok.  Anyone remember this?

Anyone remember the question stem for the cosmic cloud one?  Katie, were they asking for a flaw?
I remember volcanic ash having to do with one of the answer choices but I don't think I put that one? Jog anyone's memory?

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2004, 06:41:54 PM »
Same answer as Rizz for the board q.

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2004, 06:42:10 PM »

1.)  The corrupt board one.  I don't remember much more than that.  It was about how a board of people was corrupt, one of the answer choices had to do with not being able to prove that each person on the board did corupt things, another to do with the fact that each person did corrupt things in their own business.  Anyone remember this?

2.)  One on the temp of earth cooling, something about cosmic rocks that stirred up *earth* dust, all i remember is i put that the last one wouldn't work.  the others seemed ok.  Anyone remember this?
Yeah, I remember -- for the corrupt board one, I'm confident that the correct answer was that the argument never showed that the corruption was not limited to Wegzman (or whatever his name was)... because they claimed that "the board is full of corruption and should be replaced" but then only gave examples of corruption from the staff of that one guy.  So why replace the whole board if there's only one bad apple?

And for the earth cooling one, I'm pretty sure the right answer was that rocks often enter Earth's atmosphere and kick up dust.  The reason that doesn't help support the argument is that that response never says the dust causes a temperature decrease.  The original argument was that ice ages are caused by dense dust clouds orbiting the Sun.  So that answer choice doesn't help support the DUST->COOLING TEMPERATURES theory.

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2004, 06:42:45 PM »
The nutrient being supplied in the womb reinforces the argument because the babies born 5-6 weeks prematurely had bad eyesight independently.
Tidal wave question - the height difference doesn't have to be the same everywhere because the forces may have different effects in different places due to other factors, or something along those lines.
I agree RE: cosmic rocks stirring up earth dust.
I agree RE: not shown not limited to W's staff

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2004, 06:43:04 PM »
again, same as Jaz. it's looking up!

« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2004, 06:43:32 PM »
For the tidal waves one I put something like gravitational forces could effect the ocean (I think it was d).  I have to run off to a play, but being that i am obsessive at this point, will be back in no less than 2 hours to discuss a few more questions I have read about on xoxohth.com (which I never talk on, but am stealing their memories from tonight).  Thanks so much for your help guys, I hope you all did great.

calibos11

« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2004, 06:44:05 PM »

1.)  The corrupt board one.  I don't remember much more than that.  It was about how a board of people was corrupt, one of the answer choices had to do with not being able to prove that each person on the board did corupt things, another to do with the fact that each person did corrupt things in their own business.  Anyone remember this?

Yeah, I remember -- for the corrupt board one, I'm confident that the correct answer was that the argument never showed that the corruption was not limited to Wegzman (or whatever his name was)... because they claimed that "the board is full of corruption and should be replaced" but then only gave examples of corruption from the staff of that one guy.  So why replace the whole board if there's only one bad apple?

And for the earth cooling one, I'm pretty sure the right answer was that rocks often enter Earth's atmosphere and kick up dust.  The reason that doesn't help support the argument is that that response never says the dust causes a temperature decrease.  The original argument was that ice ages are caused by dense dust clouds orbiting the Sun.  So that answer choice doesn't help support the DUST->COOLING TEMPERATURES theory.

WOW. Awesome memory (even remember Wegzman). Yeap, that's what I got for both those.

calibos11

« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2004, 06:52:17 PM »
Can we get a consensus on the tidal wave question? Anyone remember the answer choices (right or wrong ones)?

Rizz98

• 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »
If I remember right, the correct answer was something about other factors affecting...

« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »
If I remember right, the correct answer was something about other factors affecting...

Yeah, that's what I thought too.