Law School Discussion

Anyone that remembers lr problems they had problems with- let's have them!!

I'm trying to remember the parallel reason ?'s....Something like if one doesn't do something then the other must do something, match the flaw in reasoning....can't remember the subject matter.

Yeah, this was the one where all the answer choices had to do with tire pressure.  I chose B.

tire pressure?  i think that was from an experimental section.

I don't remember anything about tire pressure.  But, I do remember the parallel reasoning one about lawyers choosing expert witnesses that weren't as qualified if they were better "Actors".  I wasn't very sure about this one.  Anyone know?

im pretty sure i picked A for that one.  about how the smartest politicians dont always win, or something like that.

For the question dealing with Economists and their succesful pension plans, I put down that the flaw was that their employers could have chosen the plan for them. My friend thinks that the correct answer was that there is a flaw concerning appeal to an authority without justification. Please help....

katie yes i remember thsi question which answer did u put what was the parallel analogy --- the question was about experts not being the most knowedgable but still being the most persuasive...and one of the strong choices ws about politicians and being good campaigners versus good officials

Yes, I ended up putting that one.  I debated between that and lawyers taking acting classes.  But, I knew that just didn't seem right.  So, I ended up putting the politican one.

Yup, I think you were right Katie --
I opted for the "spending ceilings" choice for campaign finance reform
I also chose the "economists might not have chosen their own plans" for the one about the pension plans

For the question dealing with Economists and their succesful pension plans, I put down that the flaw was that their employers could have chosen the plan for them. My friend thinks that the correct answer was that there is a flaw concerning appeal to an authority without justification. Please help....

i picked the one about appealing to authorities incorrectly or something like that, it was C i think.

I have another LR question:

Anyone remember the one about opposition parties that rise to power but then splinter into disagreements once they are victorious?
We had to complete the sentence logically -- was it (B) that they must find a way to patch up their differences if they are to retain power, or (C) that they may not promulgate a new ideology to justify their policies once they are victorious???

I wasn't sure on that one either.  I put that the economists did not pick their own plans.  However, I wasn't happy with any of the answers.  What does everyone else think of this one?  (It is the one with the economists that one the best economist ward all being covered by xxx insurance now- so xxx must be the best insurance)