Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Choosing your law school because of global warming  (Read 1114 times)

cisforcookie

• View Profile
Choosing your law school because of global warming
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
It is my general understanding that trying to move from one state to another as a lawyer can be rather difficult. Some degrees travel better than others, and if your clients are all located in one state you might be starting over. To what extent does the possibility that certain regions of the country may be hard hit by any impending climate changes affect your view of getting your degree there and starting up a legal practice in those regions?

Perhaps you might prefer to avoid the southwest because of concerns that they are rapidly running out of water? Perhaps you might prefer to avoid the southeast because of concerns that they may see more violent storm activity and greater flooding?
Perhaps you don't remotely care?

Inquiring minds want to know.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing your law school because of global warming
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:11:38 PM »
Subtle Harvard > Stanford troll.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
Is this a real post?

I mean, how brainwashed are you that you think Global Warming is knocking on the door? Climate changes have happened all throughout history, and just because it is happening now, whether it be man made or not, doesn't mean that the planet won't recover. There really haven't been THAT many violent storms. I know the media covered Katrina like it was 9/11, but I mean...can you name another since?

I live in the Northeast, and it's been a cold as hell (well, not hell, but u know what i mean) winter. It was 0-12 degrees for at least 2 weeks straight. Colder than it was last year for sure. So, I mean..all this global warming *&^% is trash. It was 70 the other day in February (located in NJ), but that was a fluke. If you look, records go up and down with temperature. That's why they are called records.

As far as the Southwest running out of water, there is a multi-billion dollar industry called "bottled water," it will never run out of water.

Jesus christ, do us all a favor and stop watching Al Gore movies,
Mike

cisforcookie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
well, it was an actual post.

as for your highly scientific analysis of weather patterns, bravo. I guess we're all saved.

I didn't mean to suggest that the world was coming to an end. I'm not a scientist, but the scientists say that the country is heating up, and they say that the combination of losing snowpack with rapidly ballooning populations is already stretching water supplies in the southwest to their limits. I think that's something to consider.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »
well, it was an actual post.

as for your highly scientific analysis of weather patterns, bravo. I guess we're all saved.

I didn't mean to suggest that the world was coming to an end. I'm not a scientist, but the scientists say that the country is heating up, and they say that the combination of losing snowpack with rapidly ballooning populations is already stretching water supplies in the southwest to their limits. I think that's something to consider.

I never claimed to be a scientist, historian maybe, scientist, no.

Regardless, a lot of people have basically shot down "An Inconvenient Truth," including well known scientists. Therefore, a lot of that movie is bull, and a lot of that movie is the theory of Global Warming.

We do need to rid ourselves of the oil epidemic, but hey, it keeps money in the loyal Bushies pockets..so that wont happen.

Don't u remember man-bear-pig? I'm super serial?

cisforcookie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »
I must admit, I haven't seen an inconvenient truth. In fact, I'll go one better. I don't really know if global warming is happening. Don't really care. What I do care about is that there are obvious and measurable changes in our ecosystem. The great lakes are losing water. The north pole is melting and sea levels are rising. Water supplies in the southwest are in jeopardy. Whatever is causing these effects, they remain worrisome in the long term.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
I must admit, I haven't seen an inconvenient truth. In fact, I'll go one better. I don't really know if global warming is happening. Don't really care. What I do care about is that there are obvious and measurable changes in our ecosystem. The great lakes are losing water. The north pole is melting and sea levels are rising. Water supplies in the southwest are in jeopardy. Whatever is causing these effects, they remain worrisome in the long term.

The problem that remains is that its not up to us, so choosing where you go to school really isn't going to help. We are all at least in our 20's, which means if we are lucky we have 60-70 years left...so, do u think this world is going to spontaneously com bust in the next 60-70 years, nah..we'll be good.this isnt the day after tomorrow fellas.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »

"The long term" is a lot longer than you think it is, if such effects have any influence on your choice of law schools.

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
baha..choosing LS cause of global warming...guess you better go to law school in nebraska or something. good luck!

well now see this exactly my dilemma. I could very easily go to law school in nebraska, full ride, and not even have to move, just commute an hour. What if I move to the coasts for law school and they flood? Hmm? No one's gonna be making fun of nebraska then I'll bet!

8)

sstar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 10:10:45 AM »
bump....this thread is what we call an 'instant classic'

ROFL @ this thread. Thanks for the bump!
T'50 Class of 2011