Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you feel being rejected by your safety?  (Read 2156 times)

courtz1686

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How do you feel being rejected by your safety?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »
Your lacking ability to understand simple terms and concepts is likely related to your ding at Hastings.
Is that why you have over 1200 posts because you have nothing better to do with your life? 

If I had a dollar for every time someone used this as a comeback the first time they get razzed on this board, I'd have, like, a lot of dollars.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »
Your lacking ability to understand simple terms and concepts is likely related to your ding at Hastings.

My understanding is great thank you.  Say something worthwhile or don't post your retarded comments at all.  Is that why you have over 1200 posts because you have nothing better to do with your life? 

So you understand that you were not dinged by "your safety"?

laughing_heir

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 07:57:32 PM »
Probably this is overly conservative, but I chose 'safeties' that were shoved up all the way to 100% on LSAC. In OP's case Cal Western, Miami, Lewis & Clark...is that such a lame list?

Also I don't know if ANY undergrad degree is a very compelling soft factor.

Minority status, graduate work, volunteer work if it's massive and thematic, blindness, those are compelling soft factors.  Preferably more than one. I don't have any compelling softies so on 50/50s or 60/40's I assumed I'd lose the coin toss. High target or reach.

There is still time to get apps into schools where your odds are better than 80 / 20.

laughing_heir

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »
Okay, sorry about Cal Western but how about Seattle, San Diego, Temple...

vtjas81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »

My understanding is great thank you.  Say something worthwhile or don't post your retarded comments at all.  Is that why you have over 1200 posts because you have nothing better to do with your life? 

There is no clear cut definition of a safety.  To be clear when I mean safety I meant to say I should of had a very good chance of acceptance based on my numbers. Hastings should have been one of the easiest to gain acceptance of the schools I've applied

Btw what is with "tough" guys and assholes in forums?  Just because they hide behind a computer they act without any manners?  Maybe it is to make up for something they lack in real life hmm....I would like them to say it to someone's face and get their ass kicked.   
Gpa: 3.44
Lsat: 165
applied: BC,BU,USC,UCLA,W&M,Fordham,Emory,GW, Hastings, Davis

laughing_heir

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:30:41 PM »
Of course, kicking someone's ass is actionable and if you got arrested you would have to updates your apps...

Seriously, though, your odds at Hastings did not seem all that good to me, no offense.  It sounds like you took the rejection pretty hard but why?  At those odds you were ALMOST as likely to get rejected as accepted, right? 

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »

There is no clear cut definition of a safety.  To be clear when I mean safety I meant to say I should of had a very good chance of acceptance based on my numbers. Hastings should have been one of the easiest to gain acceptance of the schools I've applied

Btw what is with "tough" guys and assholes in forums?  Just because they hide behind a computer they act without any manners?  Maybe it is to make up for something they lack in real life hmm....I would like them to say it to someone's face and get their ass kicked.   

lol...

You didn't have a "very good" chance and it sounds like maybe you should throw some apps out to some real safeties.  (not to say you won't get in somewhere you applied)

Also I am in NOLA and will gladly say the above to your face, sorry about your ding.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 11:29:54 PM »
people have perhaps phrased it incorrectly, but a safety (in my opinion and i think in the opinion of the forum in general) was somewhere that i had a 80-90% of admission. a target was 50/50, reach was below that. hastings sounds like more of a target, so if that was the lowest ranked school you applied to, i'd pepper some more apps out to lower ranked schools, just to be safe. hopefully, you won't have any issues at all.

vtjas81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »
Of course, kicking someone's ass is actionable and if you got arrested you would have to updates your apps...

Seriously, though, your odds at Hastings did not seem all that good to me, no offense.  It sounds like you took the rejection pretty hard but why?  At those odds you were ALMOST as likely to get rejected as accepted, right? 

Nah I'm fine with it.  I just wanted to know why when so many others with my stats or lower got in.  I've already been accepted to two higher ranked schools so I suppose I expected to get accepted to Hastings
Gpa: 3.44
Lsat: 165
applied: BC,BU,USC,UCLA,W&M,Fordham,Emory,GW, Hastings, Davis

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:19 AM »
I just wanted to know why when so many others with my stats or lower got in.  I've already been accepted to two higher ranked schools so I suppose I expected to get accepted to Hastings

Don't question the adcom gods.