kill the headlights

• ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
Re: University of Denver- MyWeb
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »
I was accepted this morning by email!

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 01:59:13 PM »
Hey there...maybe I am just being nuts about it all, but I was also wondering if anyone has gotten all of the options such as housing (which I can't apply for because it says that I am not an admitted student) and registration and all of that and gotten rejected. Would they really be that evil and open up all of those new options without getting accepted. And I just got all of those options yesterday but my application status has still not changed. This is terrible...I want to get excited NOW!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
Did anyone who got accepted NOT have their status change from "complete/ready for review" to "under review." I applied about 6 weeks ago and this status still has not changed for me.. just wondering if anyone else who got in has had this happen. i'm getting worried  ???

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
I was wondering the same. My main question is this. Has anyone gotten the new menu items (registration, withdraw, housing, ect.) and not gotten accepted. I am not able to apply for housing yet and I am guessing that is because my status hasn't vanished yet. I am assuming, from what others have written that the status goes strait from "status: complete/ready for review" to blank and that is evidence of an acceptance. I called the school and asked if my application had went to review, and she just repeated my application status, "your application is complete and ready for review.", word for word as it shows on myWeb. By the way, everyone I have spoken to at U of D seems really nice.  ;D

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
I was wondering the same. My main question is this. Has anyone gotten the new menu items (registration, withdraw, housing, ect.) and not gotten accepted. I am not able to apply for housing yet and I am guessing that is because my status hasn't vanished yet. I am assuming, from what others have written that the status goes strait from "status: complete/ready for review" to blank and that is evidence of an acceptance. I called the school and asked if my application had went to review, and she just repeated my application status, "your application is complete and ready for review.", word for word as it shows on myWeb. By the way, everyone I have spoken to at U of D seems really nice.  ;D

How long ago did you apply?
I'm just worried because the guy who started this thread applied after me, but has already been accepted. I have a lower LSAT than he does, so maybe they evaluate apps with higher LSATs first. Who knows. Needless to say, this board is making me antsy. 

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 04:03:05 PM »
haha I know. I wish I had never seen this board because it makes me that much more anxious. I went complete Jan 2nd. And I have a 159 lsat. So maybe it just took longer for a decision. I sure hope so.

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »
I am guessing.....mine says the same.  :-[

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »
for those that got in recently:

Did you get scholarship info right away? 

I received my admit email today, and I was concerned because I will be dependent on some serious grant $$ to afford the school.  I didn't get any money, which was a surprise seeing as I have a 167 LSAT and a 3.1 GPA, and people with lesser stats are getting $12K to $20K per year. But, who knows, right?

So anyway, I called the financial aid office, and they said that I have no money in my name, and that I should check back in April.  This sounded a little fishy, so I called Karen Higganbotham, the Director of Admissions.  She was very nice, and completely understood my concern ("That is a very important question and a good one."), which was a relief after the cold brush-off of the Fin.Aid people.  Anyway, she said that she'd check with the committee to see if my application had been reviewed yet for aid and get back to me in a day or two.

I was just wondering how long people had to wait before they got their award figures.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »
I was accepted this morning by email!

lol i got an email and was all excited until i realized that it was just a repeat of last week's email telling me i could check my status online   :P

kill the headlights

• ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
So it seams like when your "complete/ready for review" disappears it means that your application has been decided on. Also, it seems like when you can access the housing app your admitted also--at least anecdotally.

I didn't get any word of scholarship money. I heard that it takes a few days to get word though.

I agree, the people have all been nice, especially Karen Higganbotham, the Director of Admissions. BUT, I called yesterday and the secretary who answered the phone said there was no significance in being able to access the housing application. I asked her how I would hear about my admissions decision and she said by snail mail. I asked if they might email also and she said they wouldn't. I heard by email. If were you and I was calling I would ask to speak to an admissions counselor. But again, they have all been very nice and helpful.