Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferred at Harvard  (Read 14461 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Deferred at Harvard
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
The defer sorta calmed down since it feels like I can write a LOCI/send in an additional rec...as in do something about it besides just waiting.

The theory that Defer > WL is comforting too.  :P

you had a phone call, too.  i bet you're you're light years above everyone else with the deferral email.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

ecureuil

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 12:07:13 PM »
They're going to read my LOCI and exclaim, "Oh my god. Stop the presses. Here is someone who wants to attend Harvard Law School. Amazing."

brink123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »
I also just got it. How many are thinking about sending in more stuff? Toby does say that it's probably gonna be neglible...

ghil04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »
I don't think I'm gonna bother.  There doesn't seem like much we can do anyways.

Sorry to hear about your deferral, ecureil, but I really do think you're in better shape than the rest of us.  The fact that you got a TS1 call probably means your application was in some way better than ours in the first place. 

brink123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm just gonna get on with my life and start visiting schools to see which one is the best for me. Then, if I somehow get accepted later, it'll be like finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat jacket that you totally forgot about, except instead of 20 bucks, it's Harvard!

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm just gonna get on with my life and start visiting schools to see which one is the best for me. Then, if I somehow get accepted later, it'll be like finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat jacket that you totally forgot about, except instead of 20 bucks, it's Harvard!

It'd be more like a check for $1000 you forgot to cash 2 months ago ;)
CLS 2011.  All done.

bohemian_revolution

• Sr. Citizen
  • le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
No deferral e-mail here.
I'm officially dinged then. Harvard, please have the decency to send me that oh so classy e-mail soon.

mingus

• Every big cat has some little cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
It'd be more like a check for $1000 you forgot to cash 2 months ago ;)

My wife once found one of those under the dresser.

At a moment like that, the elation much outweighs the chagrin.

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
I did write and send

"If you have a special interest in attending Harvard, please feel free to tell us about that as well.  Any new information that you feel might be helpful is appropriate."

I think it was probably too long. But it was true. I figured I had little to lose so I went with blunt and personal.

ecureuil

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »
I did write and send

"If you have a special interest in attending Harvard, please feel free to tell us about that as well.  Any new information that you feel might be helpful is appropriate."

I think it was probably too long. But it was true. I figured I had little to lose so I went with blunt and personal.

Wow, saradsun, you're a speedy one. I am still in the phase where I'm considering sending a LOCI.