Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra  (Read 4345 times)

melbel08

• View Profile
Re: Hofstra
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 04:28:16 PM »
JDUndergrad is quite hateful of hofstra... its like cooley here... im rather shocked.

what? are you there or are you saying posters on these boards hate hofstra? (its been a looooong day of classes forgive my confusion...)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »
No im saying the posters there hate the school, go to the website and type hofstra.

bratgirl9

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »
I have seen these posts, but I am just wondering where this attitude about the school comes from.  Any insight?

melbel08

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »
yeah i've seen that too. i haven't found anything wrong with the school from what i've read or heard. maybe i'm making a completely blind analysis though.

Waiting for Those Letters

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cardozo Class of 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »
yeah i've seen that too. i haven't found anything wrong with the school from what i've read or heard. maybe i'm making a completely blind analysis though.

Anyone going to the California reception for admitted students or the reception in NY in April for this school??
I think it's really awesome that schools from NY come to the west coast to have events for alumni and admitted students. I look at this as being a sign that they may have strong alumni relations. I actually went to one for NYLS last night in Beverly Hills and all the alumni were people who went to school in NY and came back right or years later to practice in Cali.

melbel08

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »
i'd love to say i was going.... but i haven't heard anyyyyyything from hofstra! i think they do have strong alumni connections though - i know a lot of attorneys who think highly of the school, and that in and of itself speaks wonders when deciding where to go.

Waiting for Those Letters

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cardozo Class of 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »
i'd love to say i was going.... but i haven't heard anyyyyyything from hofstra! i think they do have strong alumni connections though - i know a lot of attorneys who think highly of the school, and that in and of itself speaks wonders when deciding where to go.

I am assuming Hofstra is your first choice?

melbel08

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
if i get into the fellowship program i applied to.... then its certainly up there...

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 11:36:45 PM »
It is cool that NYLS has that presence on the West Coast.  I might be going there.  As far as Hofstra, I don't know for a fact that it is any worse than any other T3 schools in the NY area.  But because it is in the NY area, it gets savaged on jdunderground like Brooklyn, NYLS, St. John's, etc.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 07:46:06 PM »
It is cool that NYLS has that presence on the West Coast.  I might be going there.  As far as Hofstra, I don't know for a fact that it is any worse than any other T3 schools in the NY area.  But because it is in the NY area, it gets savaged on jdunderground like Brooklyn, NYLS, St. John's, etc.

Hofstra has been talked about in several places as being:

#1 An extremely poor location that isn't very conducive to what one perceives a law school environment to be - I can concur to this, it's in a bad part of LI.

#2 That the profs are for a majority, there to collect their pay check.

#3 That the school is way overpriced for what it is going to give you reputation wise, same as New York Law.

they are having the last Presidential debate there in October. One positive.

Mike