Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: your interpretation of this, please  (Read 536 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
your interpretation of this, please
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »
i posted this in another thread but i'm just going to make a new one to get more input.  This message regarding the application timeline confuses me, can someone explain?  :

For those applicants who are not yet complete, please note that it can take as much as three to four weeks from the date we receive your application to the date your application is processed.  LSAC will notify you when your report is sent to us.  Due to the volume of reports and other materials we receive, it can take as much as four to six weeks from the date your report is sent to the date it is matched to your file.

So is "complete" equivalent to "processed" here or being "matched to your file"?  I'm really confused by what the last sentence means - are they talking about being "complete" or making a decision there?
seeing king midas everywhere.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Re: your interpretation of this, please
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »
To me, it seems that "complete," "processed," and "matched to your file" are all being used interchangeably here.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »
To me, it seems that "complete," "processed," and "matched to your file" are all being used interchangeably here.

so I should technically wait 6 weeks for my application to go complete? That seems like an awfully long time.
seeing king midas everywhere.

JusAccrescendi

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JusAbstinendi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »

Seconded.
I have studied and thoroughly mastered the laws of logic. So to argue that I sometimes violate the laws of logic in ordinary conversation would be like arguing that some physicist circumvents the laws of physics in everyday life.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jusabstinendi

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »

so I should technically wait 6 weeks for my application to go complete? That seems like an awfully long time.

The steps, from what I've seen, are "received", "processing," and then "complete" aka "eligible for review." I applied late December/early Jan..and all of my apps have gone complete in the past two weeks except Stetson. It doesn't hurt to call, but if their website makes a point of saying "allow _ weeks for processing" then don't bother them or they're going to get annoyed. I hadn't received any news from Stetson so I called them at week 4 and they said they were behind, so thats a possibility for other schools as well...