Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how many weeks after "we've received" should i expect "complete"?  (Read 521 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
there are some schools that sent me the "we've received your application" notice more than 4 weeks ago, and I haven't gotten a "complete" notification yet. is this due to delay in processing applications in general, or do you think enough time has passed that I should inquire about my own situation?
seeing king midas everywhere.

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: how many weeks after "we've received" should i expect "complete"?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
I'd inquire.  That's of course provided that you didn't send that application 4 weeks ago and then keep them waiting for 2-3 for that last LOR or something.  If you had all parts of the app in four weeks ago, I'd say it's warranted.

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »
this message in particular confuses me, can someone explain?  :

For those applicants who are not yet complete, please note that it can take as much as three to four weeks from the date we receive your application to the date your application is processed.  LSAC will notify you when your report is sent to us.  Due to the volume of reports and other materials we receive, it can take as much as four to six weeks from the date your report is sent to the date it is matched to your file.

So is "complete" equivalent to "processed" here or being "matched to your file"?  I'm really confused by what the last sentence means - are they talking about being "complete" or making a decision there?

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »
this message in particular confuses me, can someone explain?  :

For those applicants who are not yet complete, please note that it can take as much as three to four weeks from the date we receive your application to the date your application is processed.  LSAC will notify you when your report is sent to us.  Due to the volume of reports and other materials we receive, it can take as much as four to six weeks from the date your report is sent to the date it is matched to your file.

So is "complete" equivalent to "processed" here or being "matched to your file"?  I'm really confused by what the last sentence means - are they talking about being "complete" or making a decision there?

Your application is the stuff you filled out and attachments you send when you check out on LSAC.
I think that "application is processed" refers to them putting this into a folder and requesting your report be sent.
You can confirm that by watching your LSAC account.
You then have 4-6 weeks to wait for the report stuff (transcript/recs/etc) to be put in your file, at which point you will hopefully be complete.
Probably, though, this will happen faster; I'm guessing they are trying to forestall phone calls...

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
i guess i'll wait another week or so...  :-\ thanks for the help though!

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:32:20 PM »
Some places are really backed up. I just poked Cornell for the second time (by email) for just this reason. They have had all my stuff since the end of October, and the Dean has submitted the cert twice. I am still on "Applied". I see them as such a fantastically long shot that I am not really too eager for their response, just don't want it to be my error.

Hang in there, and I hope you get a status update soon.

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:27 PM »
phew.  I saw the title of this thread and was ready to flame the hell out of the obviously moronic noobie of a poster.

but then it turned out it was just dubs with a good question.  I can't tell whether I'm relieved or disappointed.

haha well regardless of which of those you are, i'm glad i at least didn't piss you off!  ;)