Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF vs, Stetson Full Ride  (Read 1391 times)

necro8617

• View Profile
    • Email
UF vs, Stetson Full Ride
« on: February 04, 2008, 07:14:50 PM »
For placement in Tampa Bay area, which is better?

For placement in FL as a whole?

Which would you choose if given those options and why?

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UF vs, Stetson Full Ride
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:17:57 PM »
UF, because they have better sports teams.  :D

Better quality of life.

SEC!!

P.S. im a gator fan.

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:19:32 PM »
UF is the clear winner for the state as a whole. Stetson grads rarely get to leave Tampa, and I know only one biglaw summer in Orlando from Stetson.
Don't get me wrong, I'm biased toward UF and I'm a UF student. Between UF and FSU, I'd say toss-up. But I would easily take UF, FSU, or Miami (with at least partial scholarship) over stetson. The public schools are cheap even without aid (I paid 8800 in tuition this year). PM me if you want more specifics on UF.

Prize Fight Promoter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don King with a Law Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jshap4321
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:22:51 PM »
UF No question

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:42:51 PM »
Many Stetson grads get out of the Tampa area with good jobs all around Florida. I dont know why so many people think otherwise because it is completely false. If you are a Florida Resident, the instate tuition for UF is really cheap. If it werent so cheap my answer might be different, but paying for the UF degree is worth it. The Gator Nation is huge in Florida,the school is much more respected, and it will be easier to get a job. UF is a no brainer. FWIW Im a Seminoles fan.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »
Many Stetson grads get out of the Tampa area with good jobs all around Florida. I dont know why so many people think otherwise because it is completely false. If you are a Florida Resident, the instate tuition for UF is really cheap. If it werent so cheap my answer might be different, but paying for the UF degree is worth it. The Gator Nation is huge in Florida,the school is much more respected, and it will be easier to get a job. UF is a no brainer. FWIW Im a Seminoles fan.
]

GATOR NATION!!!! FSU SUCKS :) Just kidding..no really, Free Shoes University (93) , what is it now? Free Scores Untilyougetcaughtonlinewith15 ofyourotherteammates?

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
]

GATOR NATION!!!! FSU SUCKS :) Just kidding..no really, Free Shoes University (93) , what is it now? Free Scores Untilyougetcaughtonlinewith15 ofyourotherteammates?

I didnt go to FSU but have been a fan since i was little. I love UF FSU battles.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
]

I didnt go to FSU but have been a fan since i was little. I love UF FSU battles.

lol :)

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »

If you are absolutely positively sure you want to live and practice in Tampa, and you like Stetson 100% besides the ranking, then go to Stetson. It has a good rep in Tampa (I grew up there) and the surrounding area.

But if you are unsure exactly where you want to practice, then go to Florida. I am a senior at UF now and LOVE it. SEC football is so FUN and the school is great overall. From what I've heard, the law school has a broad curriculum and places well in Tampa and Alanta. Also the cost of living is lower than Tampa/St. Pete, and that should be considered when thinking about the cost of both schools...

I could be in a similar situation soon. I will go to Florida if I get in.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

If you are absolutely positively sure you want to live and practice in Tampa, and you like Stetson 100% besides the ranking, then go to Stetson. It has a good rep in Tampa (I grew up there) and the surrounding area.

But if you are unsure exactly where you want to practice, then go to Florida. I am a senior at UF now and LOVE it. SEC football is so FUN and the school is great overall. From what I've heard, the law school has a broad curriculum and places well in Tampa and Alanta. Also the cost of living is lower than Tampa/St. Pete, and that should be considered when thinking about the cost of both schools...

I could be in a similar situation soon. I will go to Florida if I get in.

I plan to transfer to U of F, unless i get into Suffolk (i dont know why i just really want to go there), but I am a florida resident, I just didnt have my LSAT done in time for their application process...so ill get in when I can transfer.

GO UF