Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova  (Read 2455 times)

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
Villanova
« on: February 04, 2008, 05:45:55 PM »
i'm pretty new the board...I read a lot of what you all say but have only posted once myself. Anyway, my numbers are 156, 3.4, and after weeks of incessantly checking the Villanova status checker online (one of the only schools that I applied to that had this option, thank God or else I'd be going on every 5mins and going nuts) it says, "Decision Made/Mailed: 2/4/08"....it then says I have to wait 4-7 business days for the letter to get to me. My question is, how realistic is it for me to be REALLY REALLY hoping for an acceptance? I'm an Asian Indian female...I know I'm not an urm, but, just laying out there in case it helps to get a better picture of where I stand. I don't have amazing soft factors-- just the average extracurriculars and volunteer work, legal internship, etc. but I'm pretty sure my personal statement and diversity statements are awesome. Anyway, most of you on here have amazing stats and are applying to the top schools, but Villanova is one of the top of my list given my LSAT so any friendly but honest feedback would be great. I think I need to calm my nerves in either direction while I wait for the mail this week... anyway, thanks and congrats to everyone on their acceptances! good luck to the rest :)

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Villanova
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »
Call and ask.  Last year I called and they told me over the phone.  They've already made their decision so you can't piss them off to much.  (Unless you were deferred or waitlisted.)  Just be really nice on the phone.

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 05:49:24 PM »
I think you'll get in. I got in on similar numbers (lower GPA, higher LSAT).

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »
ahh.. I didn't even think of that. I'm dying to know so that's a great idea..but the thought of hearing a rejection over the phone doesn't sound so fun haha...anyway thanks for the reply and just to add to my general standing, I did receive a fee waiver from them.. I know about the whole controversy with the meaning of those but just thought i'd throw it out there for anyone to evaluate my chance.

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
oh, nice.. thanks for the feedback, and congrats... are you going?

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »
No, I couldn't justify the price, especially when you consider that Temple grads do equally well and the school is half the price

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »
oh yeah, I definitely agree. I applied to Temple as well and would LOVE to go but I know that's a real long shot.

liseminole327

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »
My decision just went out as well. 156, 3.73.  Law school numbers hasnt provided me with much confidence

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »
Well if it helps I got in last year with a gpa of 2.86 and LSAT 159

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
liseminole327.. isn't it awful waiting? I wish they would just write their decision on the status bar haha...and i know, LSN is no help considering it only shows two rejections.. ugh.. I hope we aren't the start of that batch :/ (not underestimating your app just about the timing since we have similar stats, although your gpa is much better!) I am a bit nervous tho because it seems they haven't admitted many below 160, and the ones they did are urm's. Anyway, good luck!