Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT: Jason, Bearly, Borders, Dotlyn, Trouble, et al. entertain PennyLane.  (Read 163760 times)

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
I'm sorry you're sick and your car is, too, Navlaw.   :(  I hope your day ends up better than how it started.

Thanx dot. It should get better because I plan on leaving work early. Yay for being on salary and not having to clock in and out ;D

Yeah, until you hit the flip side of the salary coin. :D
Yeah thats true. But I consider this job on shore as my reward for the months where I had to be out on ship and only sleeping like 3 hours a night. I actually got paid less then too because I have gotten a promotion since I have been on shore.

What kind of ship were you on? And what was the point of keeping you up so long?
I was on a LHD (think mini aircraft carrier for marines. The reason you rarely sleep is you go from watch to doing your actual job to having to be a different briefs and trying to get qualifications. Then when you finally get to sleep someone calls in the middle of the night to let you know something is broken. I don't sleep a lot anyway but I do like the little bit of sleep I get. I miss a lot of things about being on a ship but the lack of sleep is not one of them.

Yeah, I'm familiar with LHDs. :)  I knew being at sea cut into your time, but I had no idea there was that much you had to do. And we've uncovered another insomniac--welcome to the fold. :D  Love of the ocean is something I couldn't help but inherit, since both my parents have it in their blood.

Yeah I miss going outside on the ship at night and being able to stare at the stars and feel the sea spray on my face.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
also, dot, it's nice out here too!! almost 60!! i am always infinitely happier when it's sunny and [relatively] warm out. :)

I'm so jealous.   :-\

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Sounds great. I can't imagine being able to see more stars anywhere in the world than from the deck of a ship thousands of miles from shore. Sure you're going to dig that office job after law school? :)

Oh yeah there are too many negatives to a ship. And who knows I may go back to a ship after law school. They have Jags on some ships.
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Sounds great. I can't imagine being able to see more stars anywhere in the world than from the deck of a ship thousands of miles from shore. Sure you're going to dig that office job after law school? :)

Oh yeah there are too many negatives to a ship. And who knows I may go back to a ship after law school. They have Jags on some ships.

That's true.

I know you're an officer, but which route did you take to get there? During one of my "get motivated and finish school, you stupid male private part" phases, I considered OCS. But I never did get motivated enough. Now I'm too old.
Oh I am the worst kind of officer- I went to the Naval Academy. But I was an athlete so I am not as bad as most of them. I actually had a life while in college.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN

No way. That is seriously just too cool for words. What sports were you into when you were there? Did it match what you were expecting before you were accepted? More importantly, do you know just how high you rate on the awesome scale? :D

I was a rower in college. I was actually recruited to play D1 field hockey but gave it up to go to the academy where I was recruited to row. And I don't know if I have ever felt so cool in my life.  :D

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile

No way. That is seriously just too cool for words. What sports were you into when you were there? Did it match what you were expecting before you were accepted? More importantly, do you know just how high you rate on the awesome scale? :D

Srsly!  How awesome is she?  I think I even have a girl-crush on Navlaw now.  She is the awesome-ist.

(don't worry Navlaw, that was just a joke)   :D
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN

Srsly!  How awesome is she?  I think I even have a girl-crush on Navlaw now.  She is the awesome-ist.

(don't worry Navlaw, that was just a joke)   :D

Wow next time I am feeling down about myself I am just going to come here.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sure.  We'll be your groupies.   :D
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've been on such a music kick lately.  Different songs at different times have really been speaking to my wacky moods for some reason.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've been on such a music kick lately.  Different songs at different times have really been speaking to my wacky moods for some reason.

You never did tell me what you thought of Dropkick Murphys. Were you able to find any?

No, I had a bunch of songs backed up to download and I forgot.  I'll go check right now.