Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT: Jason, Bearly, Borders, Dotlyn, Trouble, et al. entertain PennyLane.  (Read 165286 times)

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
Hey Dot... did you see someone got un-deferred at FSU?

Yeah, I saw that, too!  I'm thinking of taking a road trip up to Tally this next week or so (or whenever I can get an appointment for a tour) and hand delivering a LOCI.  What do you think about hand delivering it?  I thought it might be a nice touch, but I haven't heard anyone talk about doing anything like that.

I would just wait and try to visit when you were there, but you said you don't think you can make it before your deadline, right?  Anyway, if you do decide to come after all, I'll still drive up and meet you there.  It is only a quick 2 hour drive on the Interstate which isn't too bad.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
I was thinking about driving down there.... but it is a long trip for me. I think hand delivering it is a good idea though.

PS: The SO has started looking at me and randomly saying "I could do Atlanta." So there are options I guess.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Did the original deferral say when people would likely start hearing?

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Did the original deferral say when people would likely start hearing?

Nope... just by May.
LSN

PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hmmm If I were to do it, it would have to be next Monday.... its about 500 miles.
LSN

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ok.. so the SO has never been to Tallahassee and seems psyched about going. I'll talk to my boss and the school about going 3/10. Would you be able to visit that day? Does anyone think visiting will help me at all?
LSN

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OH! And he is also down with going to Gainesville... not that I have a chance with UF. But I think both schools will have to be monday/tuesday so I can still get some work in that week. Hmm.. I didn't think visiting would be possible before.

LSN

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
EEK!  OMG, Penns.  If you come anywhere near I'll make time for it.  You have to pen me in for at least a lunch or something (I know you actually have to, yanno, visit the school at some point).  That would be soooo cool!  Gainesville would be great but even Tally would be doable for me.  I'm planning on going there some time anyway.

That is nice that he's considering Atlanta with you.  I really like it.  It's like any large city, it has good and bad parts of town, but the good parts are great.  I could see myself living there some day.  Maybe.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. A hell of a lot of fun, actually, but I'm definitely paying the price for it now. Even did the extra-cliché post-drunk breakfast at Denny's. It was really nice to get out and spend more than a couple hours with my friends for a change.

And, of course, I got the same old "Hey, where are you going to school" "When do you hear back" stuff each time one of them showed up.

Wow, that sounds like a blast!  I remember the post-drunk breakfasts!  Wow, I bet the waitresses all hate working the night shift on weekends.  I'm sure your friends loved getting caught up.

I get super-massive hangovers (yes, like super-massive black holes in my brain and stomach), which is a good reason I don't drink much.  One drink and I'm smiley and friendly.  Two drinks and I'm telling bad jokes and laughing too loud.  Three drinks or more and I'm in full-blown, karaoke-singing, self-embarrassment mode.  Haven't done that in years, and that is a good thing.

I'm sure you know this, but drink lots of water. 

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
A bartender once told me to drink a bottle of gatoraid before going to bed.
LSN