Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT: Jason, Bearly, Borders, Dotlyn, Trouble, et al. entertain PennyLane.  (Read 157065 times)

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ITT: Jason, Bearly, Borders, Dotlyn, Trouble, et al. entertain PennyLane.
« Reply #2710 on: February 29, 2008, 09:00:59 AM »
Damn, sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you still getting in.

eta: I've hung enough drywall to know that it doesn't take much clumsiness to do a lot of damage. The mechanics of the car door are sort of eluding me, though.

You know, it wasn't so much hanging the drywall as the removing of the old insulation first. I'm pretty short and all, and that seems to add to my ability to hurt myself in random ways   :-\

The car was just really stupid. I had to climb over a big snow pile to get to the driver door. I was on top of the pile, leaning down, and opened the door towards me as I ducked down to get in. Next thing I knew, my head hurt and my scalp was even bleeding. Oops. My first thought was, "I bet I get bad news today!" The worst part is that I have a pretest for taekwondo tonight, too. Let's hope that my head feels better by then.

Any big weekend plans for you?

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 29, 2008, 09:29:57 AM »
aww signal, sorry to hear about your morning.  :-\

Thanks. It's really not that bad. I think I just needed to whine for a minute. Starting to feel better already.

Oh, I wouldn't pin your injuries on being short. I'm 6'6" and I've found some very creative ways of hurting myself. :D

It sounds like one of the first things you need to do is to get out of areas with a lot of snow!* That sounds horrible!

* It's worked wonders for me.

You study taekwando? That's really cool! I have a friend who studies it and he enjoys it a lot.

I'm going to try to get in touch with some friends I haven't seen for a while, since I've been putting in a lot of overtime at work lately. Probably go out and shoot some pool or something.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Wow! You are really tall. Tall guys are awesome. You can probably reach things without a step stool! What's the most creative way you ever hurt yourself? I once gave myself a black eye while pulling a sweater over my head and elbowing myself.  :o

It's a pretty boring weekend for me. The most exciting is that I'm taking my foster kids to the Museum of Science and Industry tomorrow. It's this awesome museum in Hyde Park. If anyone is going to or looking at U of C, you should check it out. It is so much fun for families and just about anyone else. Plus they have a great Black History exhibit right now. That's good when you're a really white girl helping to raise three really non-white kids. Heck, it's good anytime really.

Pool is fun, though. Anyone else have any big weekend plans?

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
  • Betrayed by Dot. Plotting revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: February 29, 2008, 09:39:31 AM »
hey cranes is back.  welcome.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 29, 2008, 09:57:29 AM »
re:  creative injury

When I was 6 or 8 or something, I caped myself by safety pinning a red towel to the back of my blue t shirt and did a full-on superman dive off a second floor balcony.  I landed head-first on the very sharp corner of a coffee table.  To this day I believe I still have some wood embedded in my skull and, inexplicably, I always cry right before it rains.

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: February 29, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »

When I was 6 or 8 or something, I caped myself by safety pinning a red towel to the back of my blue t shirt and did a full-on superman dive off a second floor balcony.  I landed head-first on the very sharp corner of a coffee table.  To this day I believe I still have some wood embedded in my skull and, inexplicably, I always cry right before it rains.

Woah... That's bad. Did you have to have stitches or anything? Sorry about the whole not being able to fly thing.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: February 29, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »

Woah... That's bad. Did you have to have stitches or anything? Sorry about the whole not being able to fly thing.

Yeah, I got stitches in my forehead.  I still have the scar if you look closely enough.  And that was only my first attempt.  I got progressively better w/regard to the flying bit.

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 29, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »
Yeah, I got stitches in my forehead.  I still have the scar if you look closely enough.  And that was only my first attempt.  I got progressively better w/regard to the flying bit.

At least you learn from your mistakes  ;)

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 29, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
Another commonality with JP: I had stitches, too. Just over my right eyebrow. But I got mine because my brother pushed me into a dresser.

Furniture sucks when you don't see it coming.

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 29, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »
Another commonality with JP: I had stitches, too. Just over my right eyebrow. But I got mine because my brother pushed me into a dresser.

I also had stitches in the same area, though mine is hidden under my hair. I walked into the corner of a metal desk when I was about 3.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 29, 2008, 10:09:47 AM »

I also had stitches in the same area, though mine is hidden under my hair. I walked into the corner of a metal desk when I was about 3.

You have hair on your forehead?  Yikes.

Good catch, heat.  That is scary.