Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Making the Connection  (Read 380 times)

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Making the Connection
« on: February 04, 2008, 05:57:09 AM »
I am taking the test in June. I am also taking a TestMasters course, which starts in April. I am studying on my own until then. I can score in the 170's with an extra 5 or 10 minutes. I know the material, I know the strategies, but when I time myself I don't seem to make the connection. I feel like I am answering questions by the seat of my pants and not processing the info, filtering it through what strategies I know ans then answering. Any suggestions for linking strategies to practice?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Making the Connection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:39:39 AM »
caffeine.

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »
Practice Practice Practice!

It's a strategy in itself.

It seems like you have a good grasp on the material (judging from the fact that you are scoring high on the test under less strict conditions). I'm hopeful that going to the class, and learning a few more time managed techniques will help you do well when it counts most.

I'm taking Blueprint in April, and I'm expecting that all the practice material they provide will force me to gain familiarity with every type of question to help me move faster through the test (with better accuracy of course). Even just to be able to make educated guesses on those last few questions per section would be nice.

In the meantime, I'm trying to review a few questions I've gone through already and explain how/why I chose the answer that I did. If I go through the process of figuring them out enough times, maybe I can come across a faster way, more efficient way of getting to it.

Let rigorous practice be the technology advancing you into the school of your choice  ;D
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
ok, but practice with caffeine.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »
In the meantime, I'm trying to review a few questions I've gone through already and explain how/why I chose the answer that I did. If I go through the process of figuring them out enough times, maybe I can come across a faster way, more efficient way of getting to it.

TITCR