Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan decision.... come ON  (Read 1434 times)

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan decision.... come ON
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 07:11:22 AM »
Congrats dude! You're in!

raphelb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 09:39:31 AM »
Congrats gjrmf!!! You are definitely in. I was able to access the same information just a day or two before receiving the beautiful blue packet. Enjoy making plans to head out to Ann Arbor!

My New Haircut, absolutely SEND SOMETHING ELSE IN. I am getting the impression you only sent in one optional essay (Why Mich). I did the same and felt too "essayed out" to write another. When I got the deferral e-mail I also figured it wasn't necessary to send in more materials and I felt like I didnt have anything else to say. Eventually I got sick of waiting and stressing so I wrote an additional optional essay (the one about what you want to do after law school) I didn't really say anything new in it but I think the tone of the essay was different from the original ones I sent in. (My PS and Why Mich were casual, this one was more professional) I went to decision one week later. I couldn't be happier that I forced myself to write the essay and I couldn't recommend writing one more strongly to anyone who got the deferral e-mail. Even if you don't write about something completely different from the rest of your app, you may present yourself in a different light. At the very least you are showing continued interest and Michigan def likes people whole like Mich. Good Luck!
Michigan 1L

raphelb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
I sent it by email because the deferral e-mail said you could add additional materials in the body of an e-mail and I wanted it to get there ASAP. I also offered to send a hard copy via snail mail which they never asked for (but I'd still offer one). The most important thing is it gets added to your file. I got an e-mail about a day later from a staff assistant saying she had put a copy of the essay in my file. If you e-mail them and don't hear back in a day or two, call the admissions office to make sure someone put the essay in your file
Michigan 1L

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty safe to start popping your popcorn so you can watch the video when it shows up.  Congratulations!

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty safe to start popping your popcorn so you can watch the video when it shows up.  Congratulations!

Unless USPS loses it.  >:(

neverold

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
My UMich status checker still says "complete."  And the "last updated" date is always the day I check, unless it's a weekend.  As if I'm convinced they update it every day!

I'm glad I'm not nervous about Michigan anymore or I'd be more annoyed. :P

gjrmf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 01:24:21 AM »
Anyone know how to access the PDF files in the accepted students website? It asks for username/password.

I want to see it for myself.
3.1/170 at a T10. Have faith.

BlueGreen

• Sr. Citizen
  • [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 05:00:00 AM »
My UMich status checker still says "complete."  And the "last updated" date is always the day I check, unless it's a weekend.  As if I'm convinced they update it every day!

I'm glad I'm not nervous about Michigan anymore or I'd be more annoyed. :P

ditto.
HLS class of 2011
LSN

RandyJay419

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »
Hehe, poor Mich adcomms are being inundated with LOCIs and additional essays.

I really hope I get a decision soon.  With my numbers, I'm assuming it'll be a rejection, but I can't concentrate on anything else until I know for sure.

I realize I'll likely be contributing to the back-log, but I don't think I can resist sending in an LOCI...the wait-and-see approach is driving me crazy!  (Even if I've only been complete since 1/14)   :-\
Northwestern '11
------------------------------
"A lawyer's time and advice is his stock in trade." 
     -Abraham Lincoln