Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LR question and test thoughts  (Read 4477 times)

ErinKG

• View Profile
Re: LR question and test thoughts
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 06:40:38 PM »

The answer was that the ratio of egg weight to bird size is higher for smaller birds than for larger birds.

Wait, why wasn't that one A?  I thought it was that some different species have different egg sizes (A) (paraphrased greatly - my memory is quite hazy at this point).  How can you infer that the ratio is higher for small birds when you were only given 3 birds as evidence?  Why do those birds have to be indicative of all birds?  Couldn't they be exceptions to the general rule?  Of course, I feel like crap after taking this test so chances are I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure I chose the ratio of egg weight to bird size is higher for smaller etc. answer. Some of the others looked good, but they talked about egg size. The passage didn't talk about egg size, only weight.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2004, 06:40:51 PM »
qtip, i put that as the answer as well.  
Attending Duke

NYBound05

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2004, 06:50:22 PM »

The answer was that the ratio of egg weight to bird size is higher for smaller birds than for larger birds.

Wait, why wasn't that one A?  I thought it was that some different species have different egg sizes (A) (paraphrased greatly - my memory is quite hazy at this point).  How can you infer that the ratio is higher for small birds when you were only given 3 birds as evidence?  Why do those birds have to be indicative of all birds?  Couldn't they be exceptions to the general rule?  Of course, I feel like crap after taking this test so chances are I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure I chose the ratio of egg weight to bird size is higher for smaller etc. answer. Some of the others looked good, but they talked about egg size. The passage didn't talk about egg size, only weight.

Yeah, I agree.  I picked the ratio one too, because the passage didn't say anything about the actual size of the eggs, only the size of egg in relation to the size of the bird.  Since the stimulus only talked about proportion, u couldn't pick anything that talked about the actual size of the egg. 

lawstudhopefull

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 07:38:27 PM »
I shouldn't be looking at these boards, it's getting me even more worried! But I also put the answer that smaller birds have larger eggs

ghostpirate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2004, 07:44:06 PM »
Ratios, words.  Also, Derek Jeter isn't bad.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 07:46:24 PM »
I picked ratio, if anyone cares.  HTH.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 07:50:42 PM »
Franz, what did you pick for the one about the parties trying to over throw the gov?  Below is an explanation.

Anyone remember the one about opposition parties that rise to power but then splinter into disagreements once they are victorious?
We had to complete the sentence logically -- was it (B) that they must find a way to patch up their differences if they are to retain power, or (C) that they may not promulgate a new ideology to justify their policies once they are victorious???

I think it was b., but it seems to be half and half
Attending Duke

foxnewssucks

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2004, 07:51:26 PM »
I put B girl!  ;D

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2004, 07:52:59 PM »
Yes!!  I wish you wouldn't have put appeal to authority for the other.  How confident are you in that?  I put that the economists did not choose their own plans.
Attending Duke

superiorlobe

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2004, 07:54:41 PM »
Economists are a good authority on the kinds of plans they were discussing.  Not every appeal to authority is a bad appeal to authority.  In this case it was an excellent appeal to authority.