Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 3877 times)

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Oklahoma
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:44:59 PM »
Rejection from OU... 158/3.8, TX resident. Wasn't jazzed about living in Norman anyway, but still-- what a sting~

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:04:23 AM »
They hate Texans this cycle, I wouldn't worry about it. 

I was rejected too with a 3.04/161.

ari20dal7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:27:57 PM »
Norman's pretty cool, but OU has a pretty ridiculous residency requirement (like 85% or something).  You need T1 numbers to get into OU from out of state.

MikeBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »
Norman's pretty cool, but OU has a pretty ridiculous residency requirement (like 85% or something).  You need T1 numbers to get into OU from out of state.

I dunno if you need T1 number to get into OU from out of state necessarily....I have a 157 and my gpa isn't great yet I was waitlisted and i'm from out of state.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
Rejection from OU... 158/3.8, TX resident. Wasn't jazzed about living in Norman anyway, but still-- what a sting~

With those numbers, you should be IN at UH, or alternatively Texas Tech.  Unless you want/need to be in Oklahoma after graduation, there is no point going there and pay out state tuition. 

If you want to return to Texas after graduation, I don't think it matters if you attended a univeristy in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, or New Mexico.  (I would like to add Alabama and Louisiana too, but, Alabama is tier one and LA has Tulane). 

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »
I was rejected too with a 3.04/161.

They might suspect you're sandbagging.  A lot of schools don't want to tie up a seat being someone's safety school.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 09:39:49 PM »
Rejected with 3.04 and 161 is somewhat understandable due to the low GPA, but 158/3.8?  The Admission Com. probably thought "why would this Texan applicant want to attend here when he can get into and attend UH and Texas Tech?"  Unless you have a reason to want to stay in OK, such as a spouse getting a permenant job there, etc. there is going to be doubt as to why you want to attend a schook in OK where there are fewer cities and job opportunities compare to TX where it has Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, etc.