Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oct Games  (Read 5812 times)

BIG H2001

Re: Oct Games
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2004, 07:09:41 PM »
Do you guys remember in that game they wrote AD in the rules?  I remember seeing it.

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2004, 07:10:09 PM »
"The BC versus AD is a really good point.  The might have to toss a couple of the games questions out based on that."

Unfortunately not - since they explicitly say A.D. in the setup. The "most recent" thing threw me too.

superiorlobe

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2004, 07:10:24 PM »
i had 4.25 sections down pat...and then...wtf...i even struggled a bit with the

LP HS K(WHATEVER) game...it did not go fast and i had to guess on two of them.  

wtf...wtf!

I dont want to see my score...cancelling.  i know i can get in to any law school i need to but i want to pay able to subsidize my schooling, this score will not do. (probably like 166-168.

Matt

Matt

I have thought that I bombed games before and ended up doing okay.  If a couple of your guesses were correct you might only have 3 wrong for the whole section, which isn't bad.  I misdiagrammed a game in practice on Friday, did the whole game misdiagrammed, caught the mistake with 90 seconds left on the watch, changed two answers, and ended up getting everything else correct because the other questions did not depend on the rule I had misdiagrammed.  If I had not caught the mistake and only realized later I would have assumed I completely screwed the entire game up.  As it was the misdiagram only cost me 2 questions, and missing only 2 in an entire games section is excellent.  I am always surprised by my performance versus how I feel in a games section.  Usually when I think I have completely aced I find at least 3 stupid mistakes.

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2004, 07:10:38 PM »
Do you guys remember in that game they wrote AD in the rules?  I remember seeing it.

Yeah it said AD all right.  I still got confused, probably screwed up my whole score.

superiorlobe

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2004, 07:11:37 PM »
did the 10th century one have to be 3rd?

There could be more than one 10th century one.  There could only be one G, though, and G had to be 10th century.  Also, the third had to be 10th century.

Superior, how many do you think relied on the AD/BC realization?

One for sure.  Two likely.  I don't think three did.

victorv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2004, 07:53:02 PM »
anyone know the answer choices to the last questions on the games section 4?

specifically, the last one  (i think) which everyone agreed was monday and tuesday.

i would like to know because i remember the last group of answers that i recorded, and i want to see if they correspond.  thanks.

pstpst

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2004, 08:18:49 PM »
ok - so yea i totally screwed up the games section royally.  like really bad apparently - i was acing them for ages - like no more than 2 wrong on a diag- so focused on LR and RC... well that plan somewhat backfired and now i dunno what to do

- im confident i rocked the other sections (including the first set of games which were unfortunately experimental.)  all i can recall is that for the fourth game i had a couple of e's and for the third i had all b's and d's. (i was totally cool with the first two games) anyone know if i did some lucky guessing?  im contemplating whether to cancel. 

saf2001

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2004, 08:37:21 PM »
Hey all.. the 3rd game with F,G,O and 8th 9th 10th centuries that went like
if 8th then must be O
G is used once and in the 10th century
Discovery 3 is earlier than 1 and 4
and you must use FGO at least once.

What did you get for the second question of this (I believe it was #14) I really need to know cuz I might have bombed this section and need to cancel.  Also, what letter choice did you get for 13 (it was one of those easy ones to choose a proper order)
Thanks

maricutie

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2004, 09:32:58 PM »
Yeah, seriously!!! I mistook the AD/BC thing as well, and since this is my second time taking it, need to know whether to cancel or not.

I remember that at LEAST one question depended on this:

- there was one question which asked which had to be 8th century, and other one that (i think) asked where 0 couldn't go.
- i think the first question (the list one) also relied on this assumption

This SUCKS because everything else about the test was on average ... but need to figure this out pretty soon, since it's harder to explain a bad second score than a bad first one. Any help???

MT

superiorlobe

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2004, 10:09:25 PM »
Hey all.. the 3rd game with F,G,O and 8th 9th 10th centuries that went like
if 8th then must be O
G is used once and in the 10th century
Discovery 3 is earlier than 1 and 4
and you must use FGO at least once.

What did you get for the second question of this (I believe it was #14) I really need to know cuz I might have bombed this section and need to cancel.  Also, what letter choice did you get for 13 (it was one of those easy ones to choose a proper order)
Thanks

13 and 14 were both tough.  finally got 13 when I realized G couldn't go first.

on 14 the answer was C.  If 10th appears once, then F cannot go in the third slot.  G must go in the third slot because G appears once and G must be with 10 and 10 must be in the third slot.