Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oct Games  (Read 5669 times)

superiorlobe

Re: Oct Games
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2004, 06:58:31 PM »
did the 10th century one have to be 3rd?

There could be more than one 10th century one.  There could only be one G, though, and G had to be 10th century.  Also, the third had to be 10th century.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2004, 06:59:49 PM »
i had 4.25 sections down pat...and then...wtf...i even struggled a bit with the

LP HS K(WHATEVER) game...it did not go fast and i had to guess on two of them.  

wtf...wtf!

I dont want to see my score...cancelling.  i know i can get in to any law school i need to but i want to pay able to subsidize my schooling, this score will not do. (probably like 166-168.

Matt

Matt

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2004, 07:00:14 PM »
I think that there was one question on the third game that had to do with how many could be 9. I think that someone who thought BC instead of AD would still have gotten this one right, at least I am hoping.

superiorlobe

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2004, 07:02:10 PM »
Game 4:  Parking Lots
The possible combinations were XYYZZ and XYZZZ.  I was not too sure about the question about Z being $12 and so which day would Y need to go.  I think that the answer was either Monday or Tuesday.

If Z is 12 then it cannot go on Friday.  Z is less than X, so X is 15, so X is on thursday.  This forces 12 on Wednesday and 10 on Friday.  Z is 12, so Y must go on Friday.

BIG H2001

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2004, 07:03:30 PM »
All 3 did not have to represented I'm pretty sure.  I checked over it again on that question about how many times F could be on there as well.

superiorlobe

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2004, 07:03:44 PM »
XYZZZ can NOT be a combination for game four because Thursday was a 15 dollar lot and X must have a greater cost than Z, so Z can never be 15 dollars and therefore can never be Thursday.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to make sure correct info is out there.

I think this was in reference to the numerial combinations, not the ordering.  the numerical combinations could only be:

x
yy
zz

or

x
y
zzz

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2004, 07:03:49 PM »
did the 10th century one have to be 3rd?

There could be more than one 10th century one.  There could only be one G, though, and G had to be 10th century.  Also, the third had to be 10th century.

Superior, how many do you think relied on the AD/BC realization?

ericthered

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2004, 07:03:57 PM »
letter responses for game 4?

superiorlobe

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2004, 07:05:13 PM »
How many questions would someone who thought that it was BC as oppossed to AD automatically get wrong?  I'm thinking 4/5, all except for the last one, the answer was definitely 4.  I think I screwed up royally now that I realized misinterpreted this.  

The BC versus AD is a really good point.  The might have to toss a couple of the games questions out based on that.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2004, 07:09:01 PM »
gooooo .... when you say the answer was definitely 4 r u referring to question 17 game three about max number of slots for f? i reread the instructions so many times I really think it didnt explicitly state each of the three (FGO) had to be represented. All it said was that that the sites were each one of the three and  eachone of three centuries...it did not say (I dont think) that one of EACH OF FGO had to be in them or that one of 8 9 or 10 had ot be in them. This was the second twist of this game...because u nly know the distribution through your deductions -- only one G and you have to have at least 2 f's because you cant have o's on slot 4 and 5 bu becuase neither of slot 1 or 2 has to be 8, either or all could be f -- it could all 4 fs 1 g...does this sound right to you? Or did i re read it over and over and still screw it up?
i definitely read if each of FGO had to be represented and i am positive that it did NOT say that ( the last question) i hope we got it right and i think we did
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1