Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oct Games  (Read 5706 times)

AIMis180

Re: Oct Games
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2004, 06:46:11 PM »
I put the more recent century as the earlier century as well. Anyone know what the dammage is? i forgot how many questions were in that section

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2004, 06:47:33 PM »
How many questions would someone who thought that it was BC as oppossed to AD automatically get wrong?  I'm thinking 4/5, all except for the last one, the answer was definitely 4.  I think I screwed up royally now that I realized misinterpreted this.  

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2004, 06:48:23 PM »
that's tricky as F**K to put 8th,9th,10th and say "more recent"... f**kin bull$hit...

I know what you mean.  I took it as 8 being more recent (initially) as well.  But then I had like 5 minutes left and was looking over the rules and realized more recent would make 10 the most recent, and so on.  Fortunately, 5 minutes was just enough time to re-do that game.  I agree though, that was some tricky *&^%.

And for the record, I thought the fourth game was one of the most difficult games I've ever seen.  I simply could not come up with any helpful secondary deductions at all.

How many did you have to change once you realized it?

Hurley97

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2004, 06:50:28 PM »
XYZZZ can NOT be a combination for game four because Thursday was a 15 dollar lot and X must have a greater cost than Z, so Z can never be 15 dollars and therefore can never be Thursday.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to make sure correct info is out there.

I should have clarified what I meant by this.  Thanks for pointing this out draino.

What I meant was not that an order of the variables was XYZZZ, but instead I meant that this could be a combination pool to use.  If we only had one Y and one X, we could have three Z's because there must be more Z's than X's.  Yes, you are right about the Thursday/$15 issue.  In that combination X needed to be greater than Z, which meant that Z could not be on Thursday.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2004, 06:53:59 PM »
So brutal...LG was experimental for me section 2 and i probably aced it...

Game section 2 (with x y z) i skipped to 2nd and completely tanked it...rest of the test was fine...am probably going to cancel i really tanked the last games section it was really brutal.

Matt

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2004, 06:55:04 PM »
damn, this test took matt out as well.  this SUCKS!  im still not going to cancel though, i want to see my score.

ericthered

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2004, 06:55:39 PM »
gooooo .... when you say the answer was definitely 4 r u referring to question 17 game three about max number of slots for f? i reread the instructions so many times I really think it didnt explicitly state each of the three (FGO) had to be represented. All it said was that that the sites were each one of the three and  eachone of three centuries...it did not say (I dont think) that one of EACH OF FGO had to be in them or that one of 8 9 or 10 had ot be in them. This was the second twist of this game...because u nly know the distribution through your deductions -- only one G and you have to have at least 2 f's because you cant have o's on slot 4 and 5 bu becuase neither of slot 1 or 2 has to be 8, either or all could be f -- it could all 4 fs 1 g...does this sound right to you? Or did i re read it over and over and still screw it up?

superiorlobe

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2004, 06:57:04 PM »
Here is what I can remember.  Hopefully I can help fill in some gaps

Game 1:  The one with three 'F's
The game had three F's that could never be consecutive, and then there was a 'ST' block.  Outside of that there were also R's and (I think) L's.  Only one of each of them though, so FFF makes three and R S T L makes seven altogether.

Wasn't there also a rule in one of the games about M not being either first or last?

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2004, 06:58:09 PM »
Here is what I can remember.  Hopefully I can help fill in some gaps

Game 1:  The one with three 'F's
The game had three F's that could never be consecutive, and then there was a 'ST' block.  Outside of that there were also R's and (I think) L's.  Only one of each of them though, so FFF makes three and R S T L makes seven altogether.

Wasn't there also a rule in one of the games about M not being either first or last?

yes

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2004, 06:58:21 PM »
gooooo .... when you say the answer was definitely 4 r u referring to question 17 game three about max number of slots for f? i reread the instructions so many times I really think it didnt explicitly state each of the three (FGO) had to be represented. All it said was that that the sites were each one of the three and  eachone of three centuries...it did not say (I dont think) that one of EACH OF FGO had to be in them or that one of 8 9 or 10 had ot be in them. This was the second twist of this game...because u nly know the distribution through your deductions -- only one G and you have to have at least 2 f's because you cant have o's on slot 4 and 5 bu becuase neither of slot 1 or 2 has to be 8, either or all could be f -- it could all 4 fs 1 g...does this sound right to you? Or did i re read it over and over and still screw it up?

No you are definitely right about this.  It didnt say that each architect had to be represented.