Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oct Games  (Read 5694 times)

ericthered

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oct Games
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 05:59:48 PM »
For the thrid game about FGO -- did all three have to be in? I know G was in one slot and 10th and f had to be in cause O couldnt be in two slots? but if there was no 8, did O have to be in?

dr_draino

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2004, 06:00:58 PM »
For the thrid game about FGO -- did all three have to be in? I know G was in one slot and 10th and f had to be in cause O couldnt be in two slots? but if there was no 8, did O have to be in?

I'm 99% sure that there was never a decleration that all three had to be involved, and superiorlobe confirmed that he double checked that before answering that and it didn't not say it.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2004, 06:06:25 PM »
I do not remember a declaration about all 3 being required either.

rathpa

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 06:09:03 PM »
that's tricky as F**K to put 8th,9th,10th and say "more recent"... f**kin bull$hit...

ericthered

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2004, 06:14:14 PM »
what were the answers for game 4?

dr_draino

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 06:15:19 PM »
I don't remember the questions so well for game four:

The one about the 10 dollar one was "Monday and Tuesday".

Gimme some questions and I'll porb'ly remember.

Hurley97

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 06:21:31 PM »
Here is what I can remember.  Hopefully I can help fill in some gaps

Game 1:  The one with three 'F's
The game had three F's that could never be consecutive, and then there was a 'ST' block.  Outside of that there were also R's and (I think) L's.  Only one of each of them though, so FFF makes three and R S T L makes seven altogether.

The key was getting a couple combinations together and always keeping in mind that F could not be next to another F.  I don't know why, but this game actually took me the longest of the four.  I think that it was because there were a few different combos and the questions would ask questions about if something is in one spot, then who can/cannot go in another spot #.  

Game 2:  Dogs
For this game I just took the two dogs that absolutely needed to go together, L and R, and placed them in groups 1, 2, and 3.  Starting from there I just followed the different rules to get the different possibilities.  There was about two to three possibilities when LR was placed in groups one or three, and then two when the LR block went into group 2.  

If you got this, then the questions were MEGA easy and the game lasted maybe 3-6 minutes, depending on your speed in setting it up.

Game 3:  Archaeological Sites

From what I remember, it said EACH OF THREE SITES, which to me meant that each of them had to be visited at least once.  Don't quote me on this though.  
G had to be with 10, and there was only one G.  G could go in spot #3 since 10th c. is more recent, and this would mean that both the 1st and 4th sites had to be either 8th or 9th centuries.  HOWEVER, we knew that 'O' could not go in #4 (and #5), so that means that if G is in #3, then spot #4 HAD TO be 9th century (otherwise we would have to put 'O' there.  I think that this was already mentioned above.

Game 4:  Parking Lots
The possible combinations were XYYZZ and XYZZZ.  I was not too sure about the question about Z being $12 and so which day would Y need to go.  I think that the answer was either Monday or Tuesday.

dr_draino

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2004, 06:26:26 PM »
XYZZZ can NOT be a combination for game four because Thursday was a 15 dollar lot and X must have a greater cost than Z, so Z can never be 15 dollars and therefore can never be Thursday.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to make sure correct info is out there.

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2004, 06:35:30 PM »

I'm 99% sure that there was never a decleration that all three had to be involved, and superiorlobe confirmed that he double checked that before answering that and it didn't not say it.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it said that they all three had to be there. I was double checking my answers in the last few minutes and caught that requirement. I ended up changing my answer on the one about how many F could be in to 3 (from 4) because of it. If it hadn't said that, I wouldn't have changed it.

NYBound05

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2004, 06:39:35 PM »
that's tricky as F**K to put 8th,9th,10th and say "more recent"... f**kin bull$hit...

I know what you mean.  I took it as 8 being more recent (initially) as well.  But then I had like 5 minutes left and was looking over the rules and realized more recent would make 10 the most recent, and so on.  Fortunately, 5 minutes was just enough time to re-do that game.  I agree though, that was some tricky *&^%.

And for the record, I thought the fourth game was one of the most difficult games I've ever seen.  I simply could not come up with any helpful secondary deductions at all.