Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: February LSAT - What will you receive with your score?  (Read 10228 times)

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
February LSAT - What will you receive with your score?
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:43:12 PM »
So I know that the Feb LSAT is undisclosed but I am not exactly sure what that entails.  I know I will get my score and rank, but is that it?  Will they provide me a summary of right/wrong for each section?  What exactly will I receive.  Thanks

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: February LSAT - What will you receive with your score?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:48:32 PM »
nothing... 3 numbers.. hopefully a 1 an 8 and a 0

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
man that is brutal, they wont even let you know how you did in broad categories (e.g. - 23/24 LG)?

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:58:25 PM »
yeah it blows.. i'm not positive because i've never actually taken it, but that is what i've heard... nothing besides the score..

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
anyone here who has taken an undisclosed test in the past?  What exactly do you get back?

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »
I took the Feb 06 test, and I'm looking at the documents now. I don't remember what they looked like back when I first looked at them ( I was so disgusted with my score that I didn't want to have anything to do with lsat back then), but right now I see the item response report. It only has your score in there, where it would usually show you your answers and the correct answers. It also has an additional doc which displays the raw score/percentile breakdown. Oh, and my writing sample is on there.

Other than that, nada.
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »
I took the Feb 06 test, and I'm looking at the documents now. I don't remember what they looked like back when I first looked at them ( I was so disgusted with my score that I didn't want to have anything to do with lsat back then), but right now I see the item response report. It only has your score in there, where it would usually show you your answers and the correct answers. It also has an additional doc which displays the raw score/percentile breakdown. Oh, and my writing sample is on there.

Other than that, nada.

What were the 160, 165, 170, and 175 cutoffs?

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »
I need to pay closer attention. Sorry about that.

It's the scaled score/percentile breakdown.

Cutoffs are as follows:

160: 81.8 percentile
165: 93 percentile
170: 98 percentile
175: 99.6 percentile

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »
unknown, were you disgusted immediately after the test or was it a shock when your score came back?  i took feb test yesterday and felt ok - pretty sure scored in the 160s, but these boards are freaking me out.  my buddy took december test and felt very confident when leaving and then bombed.

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »
I was disgusted after I got the results, but I wasn't surprised since my diagnostic was around the same.

I generally feel okay after the LSAT (took it twice already and bombed both times--taking it a third time this June,after some intense studying). If you've consistently scored in the 160s, you might expect to have at least that. But I wouldn't worry about what you see on these boards in terms of how people are feeling about the same test you took, because most of it is after-test jitters. Taking the LSAT is an intense experience; it is likely that you'd feel kinda edgy about the test all the way up until you receive your results.

Try to relax now; you've done the most difficult part  ;)