Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAFSA  (Read 1837 times)

AJ

• View Profile
FAFSA
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »
Is anyone currently working on this?

Must you have already completed your 1040 to complete FAFSA, or do you only need your W-2?

I think I'm running out of time and it stinks that I've applied to a bunch of schools and I don't have a single decision yet  ???

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: FAFSA
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
You can enter in salary info you have and select you have not filed yet.  That way, FAFSA will  send you a e-mail to update your FAFSA.

Hope this is helpful.
"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »
^Thanks Born

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »
I have another FAFSA question for Born or anyone else:

I have submitted all of my FAFSA info online and received a confirmation email.

However, I've noticed on at least one website of school's I've applied to that the respective institution has a financial form to fill out as well. Should I wait until I decide where I'm going to fill this out or do it now?

I thought FAFSA was all I needed to do at this time.

gophils215

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just need one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
Some schools require a form called NeedAccess (like BC), which I believe you have to pay for, and others have additional financial aid forms directly related to the institution (like UVA).  I'd fill these out (particularly the ones that don't cost anything) as soon as possible, just to have everything in order.  I had my taxes filed the past weekend and found it much easier to complete these forms with a completed 1040.  HTH. 
Homerun:
Strikeout: BC, ASU, Hastings, UVA, Davis, W&M
3-2 Count: USF, Chapman
Batters' Box: Everywhere Else

nitram

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »
I'm in the same boat with the school-specific financial apps. So one shouldn't send in these apps until receiving a decision from the school?

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
Check each school's website or ask the financial aid office.  But, in general, you can wait on institutional forms, but you should get the FAFSA and Need Access or CSS into every school by their stated priority deadline, whether or not you're admitted.
CLS 2011.  All done.

LilLisa

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
NeedAccess is free now...  Or so their website says.  I'm still waiting for my parents to fill out their half before I can submit it. :)