Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Florida??  (Read 20014 times)

LWS08

• View Profile
University of Florida??
« on: February 02, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »
Has anyone heard anything from University of Florida Law? I received an email from them that my application was being reviewed last week and still have not heard anything. I know its a bit premature but I am wondering if anyone has gotten an email and then a quick or slow follow up acceptance or rejection. Thanks!!
"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

Prize Fight Promoter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don King with a Law Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jshap4321
    • View Profile
Re: University of Florida??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:25:19 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you for UF.  It doesn't look good for us.  They are accepting those with sufficient numbers and keeping us as last resorts.

LWS08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:05:37 AM »
Awww man, I hope that's not true. But its sure looking that way. If that's the case at least we're not Auto-rejects...There is still hope!!

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »
I posted on this just a second ago. My acceptance was postmarked 1/29. The decision took about a week after I went complete.

bryan9584

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
I applied to UF back in October... I am in the mid-range of lsats and high on the gpa. I called a month ago to check on my file and they said that my application was on hold, which means that looked at my app but did not make a final decision. From what i have noticed, they have been sending out rejection letters, so if you don't get one, that means there is still hope. Its just a waiting game now...

shoppinnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:49:18 PM »
I went complete as well in late November/early December and still haven't heard anything. According to LSN they have been sending out loads of rejection letters recently. I'm hoping that this is a good thing (*fingers crossed*) as Florida is my first choice.

LWS08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 02:08:48 AM »
Still nothing yet. Its now week two after receiving the email saying that they are reviewing my application. I guess they are playing a numbers game (seeing who is going to accept a seat) before determining my fate. Like I said before at least its not an Auto-Reject. Good luck to everyone who is in the same boat!!

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »
GO GATORS!!  ;D

Hope y'all get in, because that campus is gorgeous...and the stadium is a masterpiece of football godliness.

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 12:01:27 AM »
I went complete in October, but have yet to hear anything yet, not even a deferral!
2L and counting...

JKir1234

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 01:56:35 PM »
"Received" email came 1/23. Heard back 2/1 by snail mail.  Never went "complete" but the letter had to travel about 3/4 of a mile from Levin to my apartment and I have good numbers.

Good luck - look out for white Gator-skin envelopes.
In: Florida($$)(W), Duke, NYU
Out:
Pending: HYS, Columbia, Chicago, Penn, Mich, UVA, NU, UCLA, USC, Vandy, Texas