Law School Discussion

HLS 1L here if you want to know anything about the school

Re: HLS 1L here if you want to know anything about the school
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 04:28:51 PM »
Are you section 6 too?

Pm me who you. I'll let you know if you're right.

Is she ever.

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »
Are you section 6 too?

Pm me who you. I'll let you know if you're right.

That comment tells me that I'm not right.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
Hmm. Who were you thinking? Tushnet comment led me to CA, but the tone's too mean for CA.

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »
How many hours of class are there a day? Is there class every day, Monday through Friday?

Saja

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
Hmm. Who were you thinking? Tushnet comment led me to CA, but the tone's too mean for CA.

Yeah, CA, no.  CT?

How many hours of class are there a day? Is there class every day, Monday through Friday?

There are around 17-18 hours per week for 1Ls, including 2 hours for Legal Writing, which we don't have every week.  Most people have class every day, although a few people have worked it so they don't have class on Friday this semester.  This wouldn't be an option for my section, though.

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »

Yeah, CA, no.  CT?

Yeah, there's like a whole wad of people in our section I've never spoken to. I bet it's one of those.

CrnchyCereal

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

Yeah, CA, no.  CT?

There are around 17-18 hours per week for 1Ls, including 2 hours for Legal Writing, which we don't have every week.  Most people have class every day, although a few people have worked it so they don't have class on Friday this semester.  This wouldn't be an option for my section, though.

Seriously?  17-18 hours of just class a week?

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »
That's not too bad, but how much do you spend every day outside of class studying? 

Do people take advantage of Boston - go to museums, shows, bars, etc?  Or do most people stay holed up in Cambridge working all the time?

Saja

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »
That's not too bad, but how much do you spend every day outside of class studying? 

Do people take advantage of Boston - go to museums, shows, bars, etc?  Or do most people stay holed up in Cambridge working all the time?

Meh, it really depends on the person and the day.  I honestly rarely get out of Cbridge, but I go out 2-4 times a week, and probably on the higher side of that (although I probably shouldn't).  And that's pretty common.  There are a lot of good shows as well even in Cambridge, although that's not really my scene.  If you don't want to be working 24-7, you really don't have to.  And if you want to work all the time, there's no shortage of work.  I think "0Ls" are too concerned about the workload.  To get at what I think the real meat of your question is: you can party a lot at HLS, don't worry.

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
Should those who have been accepted be looking into housing already?  I'm slightly paranoid about how that will work out...if you have any general info on housing (on campus/off, if off - affiliated versus unaffiliated), feel free to share.

Also: dont know if anyone can speak to this, but any idea how the LGBT scene is on campus?  Do they seem to have a good presence on campus?  Is the community fairly active?

And if anyone knows anything about Jewish life...well, you can share that too...