Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: South Texas College of Law  (Read 7622 times)

Brain Age

• View Profile
Re: South Texas College of Law
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 01:02:57 AM »
Beat ya to it!

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:37 AM »
Beat ya to it!

Indeed, you did.  What on earth are you doing up at 2 in the morning on a Tuesday?  You're nuts.

Brain Age

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 12:01:45 PM »
Apartment hunting online. I couln't sleep and am paying for it now :(.

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »
Brain Age - any word from UH on your part. Status checker updated yesterday and I am still "in review". Baylor sent me an email on Thurs. saying they are mailing my registration packet which is due by April 18th.  UH is cutting the timeline way too short!!

Brain Age

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »
Brain Age - any word from UH on your part. Status checker updated yesterday and I am still "in review". Baylor sent me an email on Thurs. saying they are mailing my registration packet which is due by April 18th.  UH is cutting the timeline way too short!!

Hey there. WL'ed at UH. :-\. And it took them long enough to make their decision! I applied in late October, went "in review" in December, and got a decision in early March. Believe me, I feel your pain. I just got the same email from Dean Chollett but withdrew shortly after.

My suggestion to you is to call AND email them about your situation. A week or two before I received a decision, an admissions representative emailed me back to tell me that I'd be receiving a letter soon. Also, as suggested by my UH tour guide, give Lisa Buentello (sp?) a call and see if you can attend the ASW tomorrow (yes, it's tomorrow -- *waves angry fist*).

Anyways, I'm all but decided to remove myself from the UH WL and attend STCL. Best of luck to you!

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »
Brain Age - super dumb question. What is ASW?? Admitted student ....???

Who did you talk to/email with your situation. Were they receptive? I have called twice to check my status and some mean person named Samantha always answers the phone and is completely unhelpful. I need to know soon as my work situation is also being wrecked by not knowing.

I pulled 10 gray hair from my head last night!!!

Thanks.

Brain Age

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »
Not a dumb question at all. Apologies for the nerdy forum-speak! ASW = Accepted Students Weekend, although ASD (Accepted Students Day) was probably the correct term.

Haha, Samantha is usually very nice, but I don't think I ever asked her specifically for my own status; I'd ask when ED applicants in general would be hearing back since it they seemed to keep pushing the date forward.  :-\

Anyways, I sent the email to the general admissions email (admissions@law.uh.edu or whatever it is), and Kelly Polk responded a day or two later. I really do hope you hear something soon. How long are you willing to wait UH out seeing as Baylor's orientation is creeping up?!

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »
I guess till my loan application funds. I am really tied to Houston, but feel Baylor is my better choice than South TX. My last day at work is April 15th. Come April 16th, I will drive to Waco to scope out apartments, but won't put any money down till end of April I guess.I would be SHOCKED if I did not hear anything by April 21st.

When I called the admin office 3-4 wks ago, they said their target date for all decisions was early april. when i asked last week, they said mid-april. I hope it does not move back any more.

Thanks Brain Age. You've been a real help to me in this process. I know where to write if I have any more questions.

bella11

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »
I called UH again today. They said their new(?) target dates are late April for part-time students and mid- May for full-time students! UGHHHHH. I have no idea where ED vs regular falls here, all I know is that we're all having to wait way too long! I wish we could hear* a perspective from some 1L students there... was their application/decision process dragging this much? ( I am usually a grammar freak, and I just NOW caught this: here vs. hear. I must have been tired....or something?!)

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »
PLEASE PLEASE SAY YOU ARE JOKING!!!!  By the end of April, I would have already put a security deposit on an apt in waco for baylor!  I know baylor is a good school and all, but UH is my 1st choice. It would seriously suck to make my decision just based on the fact that i did not hear from UH on time.

When I first spoke with UH over a month ago, they said their target deadline was early April. How can they expect students to make a decision with about a month notice to start their own school. Dont they consider some of us have to move, finalize our private loans,etc. You can't even fill out a private (GRAD plus, etc) loan without knowing the school you are going to attend.

I am going to call UH tomorrow and try to plead my case to get a decision. Anybody else doing to same???

I am freaking out!!!!!!!!