Law School Discussion

SMU - ED.. If not now, bad sign?

Re: SMU - ED.. If not now, bad sign?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
Going into this cycle SMU was my number 1 choice (162/3.75), but they're taking so long it is making it hard to keep that desire up.

I understand that they've raised their LSAT percntiles in recent years (164 median LSAT for full-time last year), but I thought I would have a pretty good shot. I applied in late December and didn't even go complete until the first week of February. I took it as a subtle way of saying we're not really that interested, but you paid 60 bucks so we'll take a look.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »
tag

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
What the F? I sware I posted a message on this thread earlier, but anyway, I went complete during the first week of Feb too, and they still haven't gotten back to me and I'm fully aggravated by it. I expected an acceptance with my #s, and they are just dragging their feet. I wonder if there are any acceptances still on the way. Does anyone know if schools still send them out this late? I really didn't expect a rejection, but at this point I'm beginning to wonder.

P.S.- I bet the other message that says pretty much the same thing shows up as soon as Ipost this, but I'll post this one again. Sorry for the repetition if that happens

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
/

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
Going off of LSN from last year, only two people were Deferred and then accepted.  One person has been already this year.  Seems like a bunch of people were WL at the end of April and the beginning of May.  Only four people record being pulled off the WL.  So have all of us EA'ers been waiting for half-a-year to get WL?  :-\

I LOLd in my pants

• When I get nervous, I LOL a lil' in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 07:26:40 PM »
Going into this cycle SMU was my number 1 choice (162, 3.79), but the slowness of this whole thing has made it hard to maintain that feeling.

I know that their LSAT medians have been going up in the past couple of years (164 for full-time last year), but I figured I had a fighting chance by applying relatively early (mid-December). I didn't even go complete until the first week of February when I had heard decisions from several schools in 2-3 weeks. Now with deposit deadlines on-top of me I am just stuck looking at LSN wondering what day my WL is gonna come in the mail.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 08:46:09 PM »
Glad to hear that it's taking long for other people too.  Not because I'm happy about it but because they still haven't informed me yet either.  162/3.5 applied mid/late January.  The long delay has dampened my interest in the school.  Since I was offered a scholarship at Tulane and Florida is much cheaper it's unlikely that I'd pick it at this point.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »
Yeah it's their loss