Law School Discussion

Guys: would you marry a female biglaw lawyer?????????????

Guys: would you marry a female biglaw lawyer?????????????
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:02:09 AM »
Pro: a strong addition to the household income which allows for a bigger and better investment portfolio; a good chance of assisting your legal career.

Con: probably ugly; lack of feminine traits; dont care to have sex.

basically, the problem is reduced to money vis-a-vis good sex&look.

do you want a wife who is rich and ugly?  or poor yet good-looking?

gjrmf

Re: Guys: would you marry a female biglaw lawyer?????????????
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 03:10:51 AM »
i had been dating a beautiful and sophisticated girl who happened (happens still) to be the love of my life for a year and a half when she was a music major and didn't know what she wanted out of life, except that she probably wanted to spend it with me, and maybe teach music at a high school near wherever i'd end up practicing, maybe NYC or boston or DC or wherever.
and then she decided that she hated her UG and its lack of prestige and wanted to make up for it by going to a T5 law school. and a V7 firm. and all that good stuff.

so that was the end of all that.

seriously.

i mean, that break up had its own host of issues.
but do i want a biglaw wife? most certainly not. i'd probably want someone with a normal 9-to-6 job to come home and fix the kids dinner. but this is a terribly selfish thing to want, i realize.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 03:18:54 AM »
i had been dating a beautiful and sophisticated girl who happened (happens still) to be the love of my life for a year and a half when she was a music major and didn't know what she wanted out of life, except that she probably wanted to spend it with me, and maybe teach music at a high school near wherever i'd end up practicing, maybe NYC or boston or DC or wherever.
and then she decided that she hated her UG and its lack of prestige and wanted to make up for it by going to a T5 law school. and a V7 firm. and all that good stuff.

so that was the end of all that.

seriously.

i mean, that break up had its own host of issues.
but do i want a biglaw wife? most certainly not. i'd probably want someone with a normal 9-to-6 job to come home and fix the kids dinner. but this is a terribly selfish thing to want, i realize.

but a woman with a normal 9 to 6 job will seriously hurt the size of your household income.

if I get married with another biglaw lawyer, you will be very unhappy seeing us enjoying our two biglaw incomes while regretting that you married a poor.

XxWaitlistedxX

• LSD's newest Wisconsin troll...
    • View Profile
    • LSN - Who can predict?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 05:23:22 AM »
Sounds like you need to find a Chinese girl.  Seriously.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »
Pro: a strong addition to the household income which allows for a bigger and better investment portfolio; a good chance of assisting your legal career.

Con: probably ugly; lack of feminine traits; dont care to have sex.

basically, the problem is reduced to money vis-a-vis good sex&look.

do you want a wife who is rich and ugly?  or poor yet good-looking?

umm...given this reasoning, just find the daughter of an aging BIGLAW partner, or surgeon for that matter.  Heiress inheritance should contain the benefits without the cons.

there is the matter of personal integrity, which probably gets lost in this question.   :)

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:08 AM »
Ugliest thread on the site.I am hoping this is all in jest.

saradsun

• Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »
Ugliest thread on the site.I am hoping this is all in jest.

ditto

nothing like objectifying women early on a Saturday morning.

sammy222

• Common Sense is the Least Common of the Senses
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »
First of all I believe vis a vi means with regard to did u mean VS.?
Second, this is so sad.
Third, boys hate smart girls.
Fourth, I am not ugly!  Ugh.  This was depressing.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 08:31:31 AM »
Dude,
I guess you haven't been looking at many website for firms.  First, most of the female associates seem to be pretty darn attractive.  Second, as my wife points out, unless you're a Saturday morning troll, with your attitude and obviously shining personality, you don't even need to worry about marrying a public defender.

sammy222

• Common Sense is the Least Common of the Senses
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »
Assuming I become BIGLAW....I wouldn't marry a BOY who was more like a girl anyway.  Regardless, I do believe I will be successful, very busy, and make a lot of money.  I would like to marry my equal or someone smarter but def. not a grown man who prioritizes his life in that order.  Ewwww.good luck with that.