Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I send a LOCI? Any thoughts?  (Read 1639 times)

Should I send a LOCI? Any thoughts?
« on: January 31, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
I got a letter today stating that after initially reviewing my file, admissions has determined that I meet the criteria for the special admissions program at Seattle U. I received this letter last year, only to be denied a few weeks later. I applied months earlier this time, have a better personal statement, and a more work experience/volunteer work. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I really want to go here so bad!! I have been away from my family playing football for the last five years...what are your thoughts?

moops

• View Profile
Re: Should I send a LOCI? Any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »

just curious -- did your status checker change to "decision" before you got the alternative admissions letter?  (sorry i can't offer advice). thanks!

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »
No, when I checked this morning my status was still decision pending...

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »
No help???

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
I definitely don't think it would hurt.  However, you need to ask yourself: is there anything that you can add to your admission file that gives them more insight into your life?  A new LOR from a prof. or a boss?   Another interesting EC?  A reason why you think Seattle is the best fit for you (perhaps your family).

Otherwise, a LOCI will be useless.

Good luck!  :)

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
Thanks, I think I will try the new LOR...

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »
No problem. 

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 10:24:52 PM »
I'll tell you what I just did recently (as in yesterday)...

I sent a letter to my first choice school and the whole letter was directed to the school saying why they are my number one school. I didn't have anything else to add by way of LOR, or anything. But I managed to include in the letter things that weren't mentioned in either my PS or DS about myself and why I think I would be a great fit for the law school.

Of course, I have no idea how this will be received. I guess my point is part of your letter should really state as to why Seattle U is your first choice. I also said in my letter that if i were to be admitted, I would be attending. It may seem desperate and you probably don't want to be as direct like that when talking to a girl you like, but I think for law schools, they like the attention..haha

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »
Lol.....if law schools were girls, I'd have no problem...