Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wake Forest?  (Read 2392 times)

Betsy 1

• View Profile
Wake Forest?
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:47:20 AM »
So, I couldn't really find much in posting history here on wake forest law.  any opinions?  They just sent me a full scholarship offer, and though I'm still hoping for something similar from Vandy (long shot, but I'm dying for it) or something less impressive but significant from somewhere in the T14, I would really like some opinions.  Thanks!

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wake Forest?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »
So, I couldn't really find much in posting history here on wake forest law.  any opinions?  They just sent me a full scholarship offer, and though I'm still hoping for something similar from Vandy (long shot, but I'm dying for it) or something less impressive but significant from somewhere in the T14, I would really like some opinions.  Thanks!

Forget about WF.  TTT.

Karma Sucks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »

Forget about WF.  TTT.

Are you trying to be funny? 

Betsy,
WF is an excellent school.  Small, and very regional in placement, but if you want to stay in the mid-Atlantic or Southeast you would have no problem coming out of Wake.  I would definitely go with Vandy over Wake, but Wake is by no means a "TTT".  Good luck with those t14's.

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »

Forget about WF.  TTT.

Betsy,
WF is an excellent school.  Small, and very regional in placement, but if you want to stay in the mid-Atlantic or Southeast you would have no problem coming out of Wake.  I would definitely go with Vandy over Wake, but Wake is by no means a "TTT".  Good luck with those t14's.

This person has acceptances from far better institutions.  WF by comparison--TTT.

bbhouston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »

Forget about WF.  TTT.

Betsy,

This person has acceptances from far better institutions.  WF by comparison--TTT.

Phineas you are going to South Texas. Wake is T1 and blows your school out of the water.

baileypicks24

• Sr. Citizen
  • You have food, a roof, and security. Shut up.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »

Forget about WF.  TTT.

Betsy,

You're a moron.

I live in NC. Wake has a solid reputation and excellent connections in the state of North Carolina, and throughout the mid-Atlantic. One of the top law schools in North Carolina.

wiseowl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »
if you get good money from Vandy then go there...otherwise you won't regret going to Wake, especially for free.  congrats.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/wiseowl
Pending: Columbia, Emory, UNC
In: UVA, Duke, GULC, Vandy, UGA ($), WFU, GW, George Mason
Neither In nor Out:
Out:

mae8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
if you want biglaw go to duke. if you dont care about making 160k and want other jobs take the offer from wake and be debt free, it's a pretty good school.
Emory '09

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
One of the top law schools in North Carolina.

I think you just made the case for the other side.

OP - post your options, Wake is a great school - but go to Duke if you have the acceptance.

Edit: Just checked your LSN.  GO TO DUKE, GO TO DUKE, GO TO DUKE

Seriously though, it would be a tragic mistake for you to not go to Duke.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 09:11:40 PM »
OP, you have $$$ from Michigan, Duke, and Vanderbilt. You can't really go wrong with one of the above. Skip Wake.