Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What will they think?  (Read 1519 times)

hopefulgrl

• View Profile
What will they think?
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
I am in a really weird situation. It's my last semester before graduating, but the thing is, I only need 2 more credits to graduate. On top of that, I am doing a full-time internship which only allows me to take perhaps one or two classes during the day.  Right now, I am only taking one class, and I use the rest of my time to study for the LSAT.  Does this look terrible to adcoms if they see that I only took one course my last semester of senior year, even though I was doing a full time internship? Would they think that I am not challenging myself and taking the easy way out my last semester?  The thing is, if I could take a heavier load, I would, but unfortunately I have that internship.  So I was wondering what you all think about this ? Thanks

felicitybc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What will they think?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:37:49 AM »
I would hope they don't question how a person spends their time. For all they know you could be helping out with the family business or taking care of a sick loved one. Regardless, you're doing the internship so that should squash all thoughts of slacking. You won't be hurt by this.

Nietzsche

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »
You resume should account for the Internship, so they will obviously know you are not wasting your time.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:56:47 PM »
You only need 2 credits, and you are wondering if it looks bad that you aren't taking more than that?  Why would you?

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

JT1341

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 09:52:48 PM »
I see all these acceptances from Stanford/Harvard/Berkeley... does anyone know how much the prestigue of your UG matters? im currently at a State University with a 4.0 but am thinking about transfering to University of Texas or UCLA. This will almost indefinitly bring my GPA down by some amount. Would it look that much better to law school admissions as to take the chance and transfer to one of these top tier schools? After graduation i am hoping to attend a top 15 law school.