Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you think Ishould use Essay edge?  (Read 796 times)

sexygolfer

Do you think Ishould use Essay edge?
« on: October 02, 2004, 02:47:12 PM »
I'm a fairly good writer & have had professors and friends look over my personal statement & critique it.  Does anybody think I should still use Essay Edge?

M2

Re: Do you think Ishould use Essay edge?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 02:55:52 PM »
essayedge does make good content suggestions but you will lose your unique voice.
If you like your essay and others say it is good, I would keep it

sexygolfer

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 05:05:53 PM »
Thanks M2!!!!  You rock!
I listed you on my thread for the most helpful on this board!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 03:38:35 PM »
If you want one more person to look it over, go with the essay queen instead of essay edge. It is cheaper and she keeps your focus and your voice. I have been happy with her thus far.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

victrola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 09:39:59 PM »
i would NOT recommend essay edge if you are a good writer.  i graduated with an english major, but was paranoid about my PS and wanted it to be perfect.  for the price it costs to have someone edit your essay, this person made almost NO changes to my PS.  when i questioned her, she said that there wasn't anything wrong with it.  she would change a word here and there, but i wanted someone to really break apart my PS and suggest better themes, ways to tie things together, possible alternate structuring...really meaty stuff.  after i had read the before and after essays on the website, i was convinced that they did such good work that i spent money to have someone do what a friend could do for free.

my suggestion is that for someone who has poor writing abilities or who has not spent the better part of their undergrad years writing essays, this could be helpful.  for anyone else, it seems like a waste of money.

hope this was helpful!