Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which schools have rude admissions staff/financial aid staff...  (Read 11260 times)

VirusNY

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
Re: Which schools have rude admissions staff/financial aid staff...
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »
Wow, what a turn in this thread...
Cornell Law 2011

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »
Maybe she was rude because you are a racist and could tell by your accent?  Hmm, sweet irony.   :P

To the OP, if it makes you feel better, what you wrote does not sound racist at all. Some people just like to walk around with a cactus up their ass, and a discussion board like this is the perfect place to find them. It is called a witch-hunt and you are the target right now. (and to those of you who are attacking the OP, people like you actually make racism worse. You should think about that before you throw up on people with your stupid comments)

OP, now you should realize, however, that if you do come down South, that blacks are rude to whites all the time for no reason other than the fact that you are white (and vice versa). I would not be surprised if that woman was rude to you simply because you sounded white, and you wanted a grant/financial aid. Where I am from, this is just reality so you better get used to it. I am not from TX either, but it is the same there as it is here, I am sure of it.

As for the topic, very nice white man at Emory.

(and don't hiss at me for creating a new profile without first pointing the finger at chillwilly, who by the way is probably black)

I think some posters may have gotten a ltille over sanctimonious with the OP and I also believe I can tell if a person is black or white on the phone with a fair degree of accuracy (though I probably wouldn't have mentioned it), but this is either ingenious flame or you are a straight biggot.

I'm not denying that in some instances you certainly can. But the reverse certainly does not hold true.   I was just questioning the OP's reasoning behind saying black lady. The op's description detracts from his overall point.

we are in agreement.

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »
When did it become illegal to see color?  Good grief, here in a couple of years, we won't be permitted to say that the person on the other end of the phone sounded like a woman.  That's just blatantly insensitive. 

I can has lauskul!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 04:58:58 PM »
This white dude at Howard was a total cock to me when I called, he said they would not send me a complete notice until I sent them an application.

This hillbilly chick at Appalachian sounded totally hot, hot, hot...even though she was not, not, not.

And this guy at Phoenix wanted to give me some oranges.  Or he wanted to turn me into an orange.  I don't know...I didn't bother reading the fine print.
No, I think it was Candy who wanted to give you some oranges. Or turn you into one so she could pluck you from the orange tree.

I dunno...it coulda been a lime...but there are probably worse fates that getting plucked by Candy.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »
Wow, has this thread ever gone "south"...(excuse the pun)...but seriously people. I am sincerely sorry to those who I offended, and it was not intentional. I've already expressed that. In some ways I am thankful this happened, because I can see that some people are much more sensitive to this issue than I am, and I need to be more careful. So let's just move on already. I mean really, the Civil war is over (and we won!), so let's leave it at that.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 08:14:53 PM »
When did it become illegal to see color?  Good grief, here in a couple of years, we won't be permitted to say that the person on the other end of the phone sounded like a woman.  That's just blatantly insensitive. 

. . . I'm pretty sure no one said anything about illegality.

I could be wrong though. That happens occasionally.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

Well you ARE a womanz

Not a very good one though. I don't own an apron.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 09:11:58 PM »

Well you ARE a womanz

Not a very good one though. I don't own an apron.

You need one of those exandable ones for when your preggos and in the kitchen making me a samich

I'll start sewing one tomorrow.

Duke Admissions Committee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2008, 10:18:10 PM »

Very true. But then again you don't want to be rubbed the wrong way when you call a school up.

The white lady that i spoke with at Duke was very friendly. (Hint: lurking addcomms give her a raise) Hope this helps, i don't think the majority of the staff was white, so my description should help. ;)

Hi,

Thank you for calling our admissions office. Did you happen to catch her DU payroll ID # by any chance?

Thank you in advance,

Tegoyan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2008, 01:10:41 AM »

Very true. But then again you don't want to be rubbed the wrong way when you call a school up.

The white lady that i spoke with at Duke was very friendly. (Hint: lurking addcomms give her a raise) Hope this helps, i don't think the majority of the staff was white, so my description should help. ;)

Hi,

Thank you for calling our admissions office. Did you happen to catch her DU payroll ID # by any chance?

Thank you in advance,

If your icon is a picture of the entire Duke admissions committee, please let us know if the one black woman speaks with an "African American accent" so that we better assist you in identifying people. Thanks.