Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which schools have rude admissions staff/financial aid staff...  (Read 11320 times)

LegallyAccepted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which schools have rude admissions staff/financial aid staff...
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 07:01:28 PM »
If you read the paragraph which includes your second red highlight (ie. I know you read it, but I guess the truth wasn't sufficient for you)....THAT is why I included it.

If you read my FYI, then you will see why I included it. 

I did read it, and I guess I assumed the staff was smaller than it is. That still doesn't change the fact that identifying her was my motivation though.

At this point it honestly doesn't matter your motive behind it.  You have to think about how things will sound out loud, not just in your head.  And out loud, it sounds like a racist comment (I don't know you to say that you are a racist).  Just think before you talk/type.  And now, I am done with this topic
You never know unless you try!

In: Mercer(W), Tulane (90K), WUSTL($), Loyola New Orleans (W) (99K), DePaul (W) (45K), LSU (W) (60K)(non-resident), Georgia State (W) (non-resident)
Waitlisted: Emory (W), UT (W), Vandy (W)
Rejected: Harvard

TULANE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 07:11:50 PM »
So you honestly think it is racist to identify someone as a "black women" ....you and I are from very different worlds, and I am sorry for offending you (and the rest of you). Just a heads up, I am not from the Southern US, even though I am applying there, and in the state I am from, most people (IMO) would not jump to a "racist" conclusion that you (and the others) have.

Anyways, I will try to be more careful next time.

If you read the paragraph which includes your second red highlight (ie. I know you read it, but I guess the truth wasn't sufficient for you)....THAT is why I included it.

If you read my FYI, then you will see why I included it. 

I did read it, and I guess I assumed the staff was smaller than it is. That still doesn't change the fact that identifying her was my motivation though.

At this point it honestly doesn't matter your motive behind it.  You have to think about how things will sound out loud, not just in your head.  And out loud, it sounds like a racist comment (I don't know you to say that you are a racist).  Just think before you talk/type.  And now, I am done with this topic

MidwesternGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:21 PM »
loyola chicago lady was a bit mean.  but it could just be that I'm retarded

Exact same here. Very unhappy with the woman I met with. Turned me off to the entire school.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 12:54:56 AM »
So you honestly think it is racist to identify someone as a "black women" ....you and I are from very different worlds, and I am sorry for offending you (and the rest of you). Just a heads up, I am not from the Southern US, even though I am applying there, and in the state I am from, most people (IMO) would not jump to a "racist" conclusion that you (and the others) have.

OP, I've got to point you towards this again:

OP, since you claim you included the woman's race as an "identifier" why didn't you racially identify the wonderful, helpful people at Cornell so that we could all thank them for treating you so well?

The fact is that you wrote "black woman" because you were mad, but if a white woman would've been rude to you, I bet we would not have seen "white woman" in your post. If the black woman had been nice to you, you probably would not have mentioned her race either.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 01:36:33 AM »

OP, I've got to point you towards this again:

OP, since you claim you included the woman's race as an "identifier" why didn't you racially identify the wonderful, helpful people at Cornell so that we could all thank them for treating you so well?

The fact is that you wrote "black woman" because you were mad, but if a white woman would've been rude to you, I bet we would not have seen "white woman" in your post. If the black woman had been nice to you, you probably would not have mentioned her race either.

You just HAVE to keep this going...Why? Go have a fight with yourself. I'm done with this.

Gordon_Gekko

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 01:42:32 AM »
For me, I talked to some black lady on the phone at the University of Texas today in the financial aid department...one of the rudest people I have EVER talked to in a "professional" environment.

How is the representative's gender in any way relevant?

Why are people taking offense at certain descriptions and not others?  I'm not trying to be a smart-ass - I'm genuinely curious.

maybe they have sand in their (insert name of a body part).
"the illusion, has become real, and the more real it becomes, the more desperate they want itócapitalism at its finest."

chillywilly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008, 04:25:27 AM »
Maybe she was rude because you are a racist and could tell by your accent?  Hmm, sweet irony.   :P

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »
This white dude at Howard was a total cock to me when I called, he said they would not send me a complete notice until I sent them an application.

I can has lauskul!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50:39 AM »
This white dude at Howard was a total cock to me when I called, he said they would not send me a complete notice until I sent them an application.

This hillbilly chick at Appalachian sounded totally hot, hot, hot...even though she was not, not, not.

I can has lauskul!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2008, 09:53:02 AM »

This hillbilly chick at Appalachian sounded totally hot, hot, hot...even though she was not, not, not.

And this guy at Phoenix wanted to give me some oranges.  Or he wanted to turn me into an orange.  I don't know...I didn't bother reading the fine print.