Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which schools have rude admissions staff/financial aid staff...  (Read 11091 times)

Dr. Rose

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's brilliant!
    • View Profile
Re: Which schools have rude admissions staff/financial aid staff...
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »
This white dude at Howard was a total cock to me when I called, he said they would not send me a complete notice until I sent them an application.

This hillbilly chick at Appalachian sounded totally hot, hot, hot...even though she was not, not, not.

And this guy at Phoenix wanted to give me some oranges.  Or he wanted to turn me into an orange.  I don't know...I didn't bother reading the fine print.
No, I think it was Candy who wanted to give you some oranges. Or turn you into one so she could pluck you from the orange tree.

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
Ok, so let's hear the bad experiences...(also if you want to share some of the good ones too you can)

For me, I talked to some black lady on the phone at the University of Texas today in the financial aid department...one of the rudest people I have EVER talked to in a "professional" environment. I was simply asking for some very general information about their scholarships, and she interrupted me several times and was very belittling in what she said...I never gave her my name so I almost told her off, but then decided that it wasn't worth it...but now I'm definitely leaning away from Texas and towards either Vandy or a lower T14 after that experience...honestly, she was rude enough, that if I could get her fired I would try.

So what are some of the other bad schools out there?

For a good one, Cornell has some very nice people working there...so far they have been the best I've experience so far.

Why do people care so much about the friendliness of admissions and financial aid staffs?  If that is something that is going to affect their decision of where to study the law, they are far too frail to exist--period.  What?  Are they going to be spending countless hours hanging out with them?  You people are pathetic.

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Ok, so let's hear the bad experiences...(also if you want to share some of the good ones too you can)

For me, I talked to some black lady on the phone at the University of Texas today in the financial aid department...one of the rudest people I have EVER talked to in a "professional" environment. I was simply asking for some very general information about their scholarships, and she interrupted me several times and was very belittling in what she said...I never gave her my name so I almost told her off, but then decided that it wasn't worth it...but now I'm definitely leaning away from Texas and towards either Vandy or a lower T14 after that experience...honestly, she was rude enough, that if I could get her fired I would try.

For a good one, Cornell has some very nice people working there...so far they have been the best I've experience so far.

Why do people care so much about the friendliness of admissions and financial aid staffs?  If that is something that is going to affect their decision of where to study the law, they are far too frail to exist--period.  What?  Are they going to be spending countless hours hanging out with them?  You people are pathetic.

Very true. But then again you don't want to be rubbed the wrong way when you call a school up....  The white lady that i spoke with at Duke was very friendly. (Hint: lurking addcomms give her a raise) You know it was the white lady. Hope this helps, i don't think the majority of the staff was white, so my description should help. ;)

White?  Really.  I don't think I've encountered one of those in the admissions offices I've contacted.

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »

Very true. But then again you don't want to be rubbed the wrong way when you call a school up....  The white lady that i spoke with at Duke was very friendly. (Hint: lurking addcomms give her a raise) You know it was the white lady. Hope this helps, i don't think the majority of the staff was white, so my description should help. ;)

I spoke with a Somoan at Vanderbilt who was a prince, but when I called the next day there was this half-Filipino woman who was a total witch.

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »
Vandy over Fordham, Boston?

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »
Vandy over Fordham, Boston?

Yep, seems likely.

southernreality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
Maybe she was rude because you are a racist and could tell by your accent?  Hmm, sweet irony.   :P

To the OP, if it makes you feel better, what you wrote does not sound racist at all. Some people just like to walk around with a cactus up their ass, and a discussion board like this is the perfect place to find them. It is called a witch-hunt and you are the target right now. (and to those of you who are attacking the OP, people like you actually make racism worse. You should think about that before you throw up on people with your stupid comments)

OP, now you should realize, however, that if you do come down South, that blacks are rude to whites all the time for no reason other than the fact that you are white (and vice versa). I would not be surprised if that woman was rude to you simply because you sounded white, and you wanted a grant/financial aid. Where I am from, this is just reality so you better get used to it. I am not from TX either, but it is the same there as it is here, I am sure of it.

As for the topic, very nice white man at Emory.

(and don't hiss at me for creating a new profile without first pointing the finger at chillwilly, who by the way is probably black)

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:21 PM »
Maybe she was rude because you are a racist and could tell by your accent?  Hmm, sweet irony.   :P

To the OP, if it makes you feel better, what you wrote does not sound racist at all. Some people just like to walk around with a cactus up their ass, and a discussion board like this is the perfect place to find them. It is called a witch-hunt and you are the target right now. (and to those of you who are attacking the OP, people like you actually make racism worse. You should think about that before you throw up on people with your stupid comments)

OP, now you should realize, however, that if you do come down South, that blacks are rude to whites all the time for no reason other than the fact that you are white (and vice versa). I would not be surprised if that woman was rude to you simply because you sounded white, and you wanted a grant/financial aid. Where I am from, this is just reality so you better get used to it. I am not from TX either, but it is the same there as it is here, I am sure of it.

(and don't hiss at me for creating a new profile without first pointing the finger at chillwilly, who by the way is probably black)

I think some posters may have gotten a ltille over sanctimonious with the OP and I also believe I can tell if a person is black or white on the phone with a fair degree of accuracy (though I probably wouldn't have mentioned it), but this is either ingenious flame or you are a straight biggot.

southernreality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 02:33:12 PM »

I think some posters may have gotten a ltille over sanctimonious with the OP and I also believe I can tell if a person is black or white on the phone with a fair degree of accuracy (though I probably wouldn't have mentioned it), but this is either ingenious flame or you are a straight biggot.

Not a flame, and not a biggot. Just someone who has a firm grasp on reality.

And you better watch what you write, because you are admitting to being a racist too (at least according to these people) by saying you "can tell if a person is black or white on the phone"...yep, you are an assumptive racist bastard all right...and might I add a hypocrite for letting the biggotry of chillywilly slide....it goes both ways you know.

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »

Not a flame, and not a biggot. Just someone who has a firm grasp on reality.

And you better watch what you write, because you are admitting to being a racist too (at least according to these people) by saying you "can tell if a person is black or white on the phone"...yep, you are an assumptive racist bastard all right...and might I add a hypocrite for letting the biggotry of chillywilly slide....it goes both ways you know.

Who's chillywilly?