Law School Discussion

Opinions on Lewis & Clark?

Re: Opinions on Lewis & Clark?
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »
I'm sure it's common.

They are just trying to weed out their applicant pool.

I'm still thinking about it... L&C is awfully expensive without a scholarship.

« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »
True, but so are all law schools.  My numbers are 3.1/158 and I didn't even apply to any T3 or T4 schools so I knew no scholarships would be coming my way, except for that private one I mentioned.  Law school is indeed going to be an expensive venture for me, but it's not stopping me from going.  I'll be $150k or so in debt, but I'm hoping to get good grades and biglaw.

« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »
You have to remember though that you are competing against other students who should be as smart as or more intelligent than you are.

You should not count on having great grades or landing that big law job.

Would 150k of debt be worth it with a 60k/year salary?

« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
I'm not "counting" on biglaw, that's why I said I'm "hoping."  I'm starting law school this fall, that's not going to change. 

« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »
True, but so are all law schools.  My numbers are 3.1/158 and I didn't even apply to any T3 or T4 schools so I knew no scholarships would be coming my way, except for that private one I mentioned.  Law school is indeed going to be an expensive venture for me, but it's not stopping me from going.  I'll be $150k or so in debt, but I'm hoping to get good grades and biglaw.

Uh-oh. Time for the indoctrination...

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »
 :D

*sits back for the show*

« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »
:D

*sits back for the show*

*Takes seat next to El_Che

« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »
well, gee, I thought that someone would do the heavy lifting for me. I have to eat soon. Read this:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB119040786780835602.html

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2008, 01:04:47 PM »
And this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/magazine/chi-080406lawyerwoes-story,0,5547944.story?page=1

We don't mean to be downers, just want everyone to be realistic about their expectations before entering law school with a grand vision of riches in mind.

« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »
so, i've been reading this thread for the last couple of months and thought i'd chip in a few things:

1. Portland is a great place to live! I'll finish my undergrad here next year, and will be taking the june LSAT. i have been here for two years (moved with my wife from s. carolina) and absolutely love it.  Portland has a way of working into your blood.  the city just changes you somehow.  the people are engaging, the coffee (esp. Stumptown) is amazing, and the local pubs everywhere make this place truly special.  I love p'town so much, that even though both me and my wife's family live back east, we're considering passing up on better law schools there to stay here and go to L+C. (assuming i get accepted).

2. i'm going to tour L+C tomorrow, so i hope to be able to share more of my thoughts of the campus when i return.

3. I live in the NE part of town, so i can comment on a lot of the east side neighborhoods, and the general living conditions around here.