Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Opinions on Lewis & Clark?  (Read 30337 times)

BigLulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Lewis & Clark?
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, siski decided on UO!
!!!

ColvilleWA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:24 PM »
Alright, to those who already live in Portland, how accurate is this article? :)

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/06/10/AR2005061001402.html

The article does a great job going through several neighborhoods.  In answer to the question, there is no place i've been that is more perfect than Portland.

BigLulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
Durnit, Lulz, I figured you were skulking around the UO admitted students forum or my facebook page or something and would call me out sooner or later. ;)

Yeeeah, I sent in my deposit to UO this morning & I'm withdrawing from LC and the UW waitlist... Eugene is just going to work SO much better for my little family. My husband has over a year's worth of work in southern Oregon and northern California, and we have connections in Eugene, and I really liked the feel of being adjacent to a BIG university (which is something new for me), so yep, I chose UO.

We should still hang out next year, though, Lulz-- Eugene --> Portland = <2 hrs most days.

I also might do a semester at LC for some enviro classes -- there's opportunities for student exchanges.

Psh, change that "should" to "absolutely will" and you've got yourself a deal! After going through the whole cycle with you I feel like we're old war veterans who get together to swap stories from battle. I know what you mean about wanting to be part of a large university - it definitely has its perks!
!!!

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
I wanna be part of the party! ;D

Lulz, are you in Portland already? If so, I might have to pick your brain a bit for some info on neighborhoods!

BigLulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »
I like the idea of this PNW party...

Che, I don't live in Portland right now, but I wish I did.

I'm in Michigan, and after living in the Midwest my entire life, I'm pretty psyched to get out.

I'll be going to OR/WA a couple times in the next year though since a lot of my friends also seem to have migrated out there, so I'm pretty sure we can make this party a reality!
!!!

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2008, 05:12:17 PM »

I'm in Michigan, and after living in the Midwest my entire life, I'm pretty psyched to get out.

I hear that. I'm in Minnesota now, looking forward to having a little slope to the land and temperatures staying above 0!

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2008, 07:30:05 PM »
I got an email today from L&C asking if I am still interested in the school.  I was deferred back in February (I think, might have been January), and sent them an LOCI.  They mentioned the possibility of an offer for admission being made, so it sounds like all of the seats are not yet full.  L&C is still my top choice left, so I hope they review my file again soon! 

I also sent out my seat deposit to Marquette today.  It would suck to have spent that $350 in vain, but I wouldn't care about losing that money if L&C throws me a bone.  COME ON LEWIS AND CLARK!

ColvilleWA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2008, 09:57:48 PM »
I got an email today from L&C asking if I am still interested in the school.  I was deferred back in February (I think, might have been January), and sent them an LOCI.  They mentioned the possibility of an offer for admission being made, so it sounds like all of the seats are not yet full.  L&C is still my top choice left, so I hope they review my file again soon! 

I also sent out my seat deposit to Marquette today.  It would suck to have spent that $350 in vain, but I wouldn't care about losing that money if L&C throws me a bone.  COME ON LEWIS AND CLARK!

I got the same email, I told em to drop me unless they were also considering me for a scholy.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2008, 10:38:02 PM »
I can see that, given the money you got at other schools.  Hawaii will be sweet.  I won't be getting any scholarships from schools, so L&C is definitely a better choice than Marquette in my opinion, but we'll see.  I should be getting a private scholarship though, which I can apply to any school

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2008, 11:36:01 PM »
Does anyone know if this email is common, or has been sent out in past years?  It kind of sounds to me like they might not be getting as many matriculations as expected.