Law School Discussion

Opinions on Lewis & Clark?

Re: Opinions on Lewis & Clark?
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »
I just heard from L&C...

Apparently the class is full and I'm on the waitlist for Fall 08, but I'm accepted for Fall 09, if I'd like to wait.

That blows.

Is this a common?

I wouldn't get too down yet. As seat deposit deadlines are upon us, many people will be withdrawing in the next week or so from schools that they won't be attending, opening up seats for those on the waitlist. Depending on your place on the list and how many people withdraw from L&C, you'll could be in for Fall 2008 soon!

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2008, 06:33:16 AM »
I just heard from L&C...

Apparently the class is full and I'm on the waitlist for Fall 08, but I'm accepted for Fall 09, if I'd like to wait.

That blows.

Is this a common?

I wouldn't get too down yet. As seat deposit deadlines are upon us, many people will be withdrawing in the next week or so from schools that they won't be attending, opening up seats for those on the waitlist. Depending on your place on the list and how many people withdraw from L&C, you'll could be in for Fall 2008 soon!

Exactly. And at the very worst, you're still already admitted for 2009, no hassle. Work for a year, get some experience, save up some money, no biggie. See you there!

« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2008, 08:23:31 AM »
That's easy to say, but I've already been accepted to comparable/better schools with money, so I was kind of hoping for something similar with L&C.

I'm not going to take a year off, and if I do indeed get off the waitlist, I can't imagine being offered any money, so it looks like it's probably out the door either way.

It wasn't my number one school, but it was one of the few at the top of my list.

Thanks for the kind words though!

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2008, 06:32:23 AM »
That's easy to say, but I've already been accepted to comparable/better schools with money, so I was kind of hoping for something similar with L&C.

I'm not going to take a year off, and if I do indeed get off the waitlist, I can't imagine being offered any money, so it looks like it's probably out the door either way.

It wasn't my number one school, but it was one of the few at the top of my list.

Thanks for the kind words though!

Where are the other schools you are already in at? You might be able to leverage something with the Admissions office, as I'm sure some seats will be coming free as people withdraw and/or miss the April 15th seat deposit deadline.

« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »
I'm also interested in the other schools you mentioned. When did you apply to your schools? Most of the scholarship money is given pretty early in the cycle, so if you didn't apply until later you might not have gotten the offers you think you deserve with your numbers (whatever they may be). I would agree that you should contact them and see what they say. Since many of the 4.0/180 applicants with full ride offers won't be matriculating at L&C, some money might be freed up. It wouldn't hurt to try! I also got into some higher ranked schools with money, etc. but I'm choosing L&C because of the quality of life, atmosphere, and unique opportunities offered there - don't give up on them yet!

« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »
The comparable/higher ranked schools are Houston, Baylor and Tulane ($20k/year).  I'm still waiting to hear from a couple others.

I submit all of my applications within like a three day period.

Also, for what it's worth, I've gotten either a full ride, or really close, to the Tier 3 schools that I've applied to.

Taking all that into account, I suppose I just assumed I would be safe for at least an acceptance to L&C.  Poor assumption, I suppose.

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
Alright, to those who already live in Portland, how accurate is this article? :)

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/06/10/AR2005061001402.html

« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2008, 06:00:06 PM »
Alright, to those who already live in Portland, how accurate is this article? :)

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/06/10/AR2005061001402.html

I'm not done reading it (it's freaking long!) - but it's accurate enough that I'm totally getting homesick.

« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »
siskiyoumtn, I'm calling you out! If what I think is true I want to know how you came to your decision!

Do tell! Do tell!

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2008, 07:10:43 PM »
What did I miss!? What are you calling him out on? :)