Law School Discussion

Zearfross is slipping....

Re: Zearfross is slipping....
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »
Not a Fruedian error. It's just a lot more natural to say "Zearfross" (as natural as such a name could be."

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
Funny how they expect perfection from applicants.  :(

::bitter::

That's how I felt about the firm.  Though to be fair, they're sending stuff to a lot more people then you are...
To be "fair", they charge applicants $75 dollars a piece to process their paperwork. Part of my job is doing mass mailings. It's not that hard to copycheck a merge before mailing it out.

This isn't a real argument, I am just bitter. This is the lady who laughed at and tossed out a personalized greeting card from an interested applicant. The least she could do is make sure that her organization gets the freaking letterhead right.  >:(

Did that really happen? I heard some people mentioning it on LSd, but never thought it true.

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:23:03 PM »
Funny how they expect perfection from applicants.  :(

::bitter::

That's how I felt about the firm.  Though to be fair, they're sending stuff to a lot more people then you are...
To be "fair", they charge applicants $75 dollars a piece to process their paperwork. Part of my job is doing mass mailings. It's not that hard to copycheck a merge before mailing it out.

This isn't a real argument, I am just bitter. This is the lady who laughed at and tossed out a personalized greeting card from an interested applicant. The least she could do is make sure that her organization gets the freaking letterhead right.  >:(

Did that really happen? I heard some people mentioning it on LSd, but never thought it true.
There is a video of her admitting to this on youtube somewhere. I saw it a few months ago/

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 06:24:13 PM »
Dude, if I was a Dean of Admissions and applicants were sending me GREETING CARDS, I'd laugh and toss them too.

That a. is stupid b. is cheesy c. crosses a line.

I mean, really.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 06:25:44 PM »
Dude, if I was a Dean of Admissions and applicants were sending me GREETING CARDS, I'd laugh and toss them too.

I mean, really.

fer serious.

MHLM

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »

I mean, really.

Yea, gotta agree on that. If I knew the Dean of Admissions at my first choice law school was admitting people off the waitlist because of a stupid Hallmark card, I'd be pretty peeved. Oh yea, and then I'd send her a Hallmark card...or maybe a singing telegram....

Bouzie

• yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »
No, no rolling heads.

But it's still delightful.  I mean, Michigan does everything so effing right all the time, and all the cool kids go there, and it's always so nice, and its hair always looks perfect and everything....

Wait, are we talking specifically about Jolie now?  Cuz if we are, I agree.

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 06:35:18 PM »
I guess it makes sense that the UM kool-aid is counterbalanced by some equal and opposite hate by the thirsty.

Go Blue!

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »
No, no rolling heads.

But it's still delightful.  I mean, Michigan does everything so effing right all the time, and all the cool kids go there, and it's always so nice, and its hair always looks perfect and everything....

Not ALL the cool kids.  Plus you and P and Cady = just about perfect. 
Who's looking for Eden in law school, anyway? 

(and thanks Bouzie!  I just know my target audience. ;)

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »
For the record.... I did NOT mean anything against Michigan. Mich is amazing, and Zearfoss does way above and beyond the typical Dean... I just thought it was funny.