Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath  (Read 15165 times)

BAFF213

Re: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2004, 05:00:02 PM »
wait, so are you saying that the Modernist passage (the one I didn't attempt) was easy?

It wasn't a complete breeze, but I thought it was easier than the NGF passage (i.e., science passage).

Oh *&^%, Superior Lobe - I didn't even realize it's you (I was looking at your icon rather than your name).  What's up buddy?  How did you do?

I feel good.  But I have felt good in the past and scored 8 points down from my best score.  I'm almost certain I broke 168.  I could be as high as 174 if everything crumbles my way.

Cool - I'm just glad it's over with.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2004, 05:00:45 PM »
wait, so are you saying that the Modernist passage (the one I didn't attempt) was easy?

It wasn't a complete breeze, but I thought it was easier than the NGF passage (i.e., science passage).

Oh *&^%, Superior Lobe - I didn't even realize it's you (I was looking at your icon rather than your name).  What's up buddy?  How did you do?

I feel good.  But I have felt good in the past and scored 8 points down from my best score.  I'm almost certain I broke 168.  I could be as high as 174 if everything crumbles my way.

Cool - I'm just glad it's over with.

BAFF are you gonna retake or keep the score?

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2004, 05:02:37 PM »
for one of the LR sections, does anyone remember having a large amount of E's among the last bunch of questions?

Tobias39

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2004, 05:05:59 PM »
I had:

1 - LR
2 - RC
2 - RC
break
3 - LR
4 - LG

The logical reasoning sections seemed to be a breeze for me.  The only problem was the parallel reasoning questions which I never got around to doing.  Section 2 of Reading Comp sucked big time, I think I bombed it... but I'm getting the impression that was the experimental section?????  Can anyone confirm this?  Was section 2 the experimental section?  Section 3 of the RC was easy... I found the Canadian legal B.S. passage easy, the Chinese passage easy, the Modernist passage easy, but the NGF passage was a little more difficult but not too bad.  

Can anyone confirm with certainty that Section 2 (RC) of my test was in fact the experimental section?

Thanks.

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2004, 05:08:40 PM »
I think Section 2 was the experimental section...on my test, it was LG.
"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." - Justice Robert Jackson

mememe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2004, 05:11:56 PM »
Modernist Architecture -
I put "unimpressed" and "functional spirit"...

Also, what do people think about the test being 100 Qs?  Think it means that the test was harder?  

btw, just watched Osama on dvd and am starting to feel like a normal person again.  3 hours out and am regaining full function of my brain.  It feels awesome.
USF 2005

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2004, 05:14:06 PM »
Modernist Architecture -
I put "unimpressed" and "functional spirit"...

Also, what do people think about the test being 100 Qs?  Think it means that the test was harder?  

btw, just watched Osama on dvd and am starting to feel like a normal person again.  3 hours out and am regaining full function of my brain.  It feels awesome.

sounds like a good movie to keep things in perspective  :).

jag2004

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2004, 05:51:33 PM »
Hey guys,
I know obsessing afterwards is pointless, but I can't help it.  Does anyone know what the right answers were to the following questions:

- READING COMP, "Chinese immigrants" section:  For the last question, what statement, "if true", would support the author's argument in the last sentence of the paragraph???  His argument was that Chinese immigrants were in large part responsible for the success of the region... so I picked the answer that was something like "Studies show that the region was extremely fertile if irrigated"... Any thoughts?

- READING COMP, "Neuroscience" section:  For the very first question, what was the main point of the passage?  I think I picked (B), which was that What's-her-face's discovery of the Nerve growth factor was an important discovery in the field.... Any thoughts?

-READING COMP, "Neuroscience" section:  What would the author of the passage say is so significant about her discovery?  I was torn between either (A) which was that it led to a better understanding of the development of the nervous system, and (E) which was that it discovered a specific substance in mouse tumors that stimulates nerve cell growth.  ???

-LOGICAL REASONING, (I forget which section):  The question gave us a paragraph about opposition parties that rise to power but then splinter into disagreements once they are victorious.  We had to complete the sentence logically -- was it (B) that they must find a way to patch up their differences if they are to retain power, or (C) that they may not promulgate a new ideology to justify their policies once they are victorious???

I realize this is a little obsessive, but if anyone could let me know what they put, I'd be very grateful!
Thanks.

superiorlobe

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2004, 06:01:52 PM »
-LOGICAL REASONING, (I forget which section):  The question gave us a paragraph about opposition parties that rise to power but then splinter into disagreements once they are victorious.  We had to complete the sentence logically -- was it (B) that they must find a way to patch up their differences if they are to retain power, or (C) that they may not promulgate a new ideology to justify their policies once they are victorious???

I chose the one about the ideology to ustify their policies.  Not the one about patching up differences to retain power. 

quickone

• 3.67/174
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2004, 06:03:23 PM »
was "forbearing" the answer to anything on RC.  I'm not sure what it means but the other choices didn't look good.