Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath  (Read 15018 times)

BAFF213

Re: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2004, 04:31:55 PM »
I didn't even have enough time to get to the passage on Modernism.  Am I screwed?

Would have been a good idea to skip the NGF science passage (3rd) and do the modern architecture passage (4th) because it was a lot easier.

*&^% - yea but how would i have known that?

Yeah, I know.  I have no idea how you would have known that.

wait, so are you saying that the Modernist passage (the one I didn't attempt) was easy?

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2004, 04:34:06 PM »
I didn't do this reading comp passage.  Was it the third of the fourth one?  Was it really hard?

Yea...I think it was the 4th one.  I thought the first one was hardest.  Some *&^% about Canadian union pre-paid legal plans--bored the @#!* out of me + it was my first taste of the LSAT, so I was quite nervous.  

Yea, I was not a fan of that Canadian *&^%.  What else was there for reading comp?  Was the Chinese on the Pacific Coast on the real RC?  Oh yea and then the NGF *&^% or whatever that someone mentioned earlier.

I skipped the NGF *&^%, it's so scientific that I knew I won't understand much of it (I spent my last 5 minutes on it, mostly guessing). I had only one RC section and it was the Chinese on the Pacific Coast..so..Yes, that was the real section.  

superiorlobe

« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2004, 04:34:10 PM »
wait, so are you saying that the Modernist passage (the one I didn't attempt) was easy?

It wasn't a complete breeze, but I thought it was easier than the NGF passage (i.e., science passage).

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2004, 04:38:13 PM »
There seems to be a lot of disagreement regarding the Modernist passage author attitude.  Was it exasperated or unimpressed?  Seems to be a 50/50 split on the postings so far.  I put exasperated, but now I think unimpressed is a slightly better answer.

BAFF213

« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2004, 04:39:26 PM »

It wasn't a complete breeze, but I thought it was easier than the NGF passage (i.e., science passage).

Oh *&^%, Superior Lobe - I didn't even realize it's you (I was looking at your icon rather than your name).  What's up buddy?  How did you do?

superiorlobe

« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2004, 04:39:37 PM »
unimpressed.  exasperated is too strong.  I went with my gut and answered that question in about 4 seconds.

JGC

• View Profile
    • Joe's Page
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2004, 04:41:03 PM »
There seems to be a lot of disagreement regarding the Modernist passage author attitude.  Was it exasperated or unimpressed?  Seems to be a 50/50 split on the postings so far.  I put exasperated, but now I think unimpressed is a slightly better answer.

I put exasperated, too, but am not sure.  The dictionary definition of unimpressed is more like indifferent, which doesn't seem right since the author seemed very critical of modernism.

superiorlobe

« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

Oh *&^%, Superior Lobe - I didn't even realize it's you (I was looking at your icon rather than your name).  What's up buddy?  How did you do?

I feel good.  But I have felt good in the past and scored 8 points down from my best score.  I'm almost certain I broke 168.  I could be as high as 174 if everything crumbles my way.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2004, 04:44:12 PM »
chinese RC:
support view of author:
chinese decendants who own something that used to be swamps the right answer?

I crossed out 3 answers, that was one of my last two remaining, I chose the other one (Don't remember what it was, it sounded more reasonable.)

briTTT

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...but not to pass it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2004, 04:49:24 PM »

"So, in my estimation either my section 1 or 2 was experimental...which sucks, cause I bombed section 4 LR.  Did anyone get a whole bunch of "D" answers (seemingly way too many) for one LR?"

Holy *&^%, I had a bunch of D's too!!!  I freaked~
SW (pt) c/o '10