Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath  (Read 15174 times)

thediesel

Re: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2004, 04:01:47 PM »
what did you guys put for that LR question that was like:

Why would a group of intelligent kids agonize over a test that they had already taken and couldn't do anything about?

I thought it was a trick question, because no kids would do that.  Right...

TUtiger05

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2004, 04:02:04 PM »
Chinese Pacific Coast, Legal Plans, Modernism, NGF bull.

Those were the reading comps. that counted.  I did well on all but NGF.  But my pencil eraser was bad and all my eraser marks smeared so I probably missed a couple because of that.

If you had eraser problems id suggest doing hand scoring, i know if my score comes out screwy b/c my erasures thats my plan
3.83/171

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2004, 04:04:13 PM »
ooooooh man...
But one thing...it was late in the day, and I swear I could not figure out this stupid question. I don't know why. It was the one about the first bicycle, and how it was a fad for a while, and then dropped out of favor for like 60 years because "values changed" or something. I couldn't find an answer I was happy with. Does anyone remember that one?

I think I put the choice about how it could have failed for other reasons... maybe?
I also chose that option.  If I remeber correctly it was choice E.

calibos11

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2004, 04:04:38 PM »
ooooooh man...
But one thing...it was late in the day, and I swear I could not figure out this stupid question. I don't know why. It was the one about the first bicycle, and how it was a fad for a while, and then dropped out of favor for like 60 years because "values changed" or something. I couldn't find an answer I was happy with. Does anyone remember that one?

I think I put the choice about how it could have failed for other reasons... maybe?

Yea...that's what I put too. It "assumes that there is no other cause."

Fishdog

• Rarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2004, 04:06:39 PM »
cool, i think that's what i put. for some reason i couldn't get that one to stick in my brain.
Yep: UNC, Emory, Miami, GMU, UGA
Nope:
Withdrawn: W&M, W&L
Pending: GW

superiorlobe

« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2004, 04:07:26 PM »
I didn't even have enough time to get to the passage on Modernism.  Am I screwed?

Would have been a good idea to skip the NGF science passage (3rd) and do the modern architecture passage (4th) because it was a lot easier.

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2004, 04:08:01 PM »
me too, though i found that bike question to be time consuming... i gave it some care...
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

calibos11

« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2004, 04:08:46 PM »
Do you all think schools really consider the 30 min writing section heavily?

superiorlobe

« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2004, 04:09:47 PM »
ooooooh man...

I also chose that option.  If I remeber correctly it was choice E.

The answer was the one that had to do with the author not considering that there might be some other reason altogether for why the first bicycles did not catch on.  (Maybe they were really clumsy and hard to ride).

BAFF213

« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2004, 04:09:55 PM »
I didn't even have enough time to get to the passage on Modernism.  Am I screwed?

Would have been a good idea to skip the NGF science passage (3rd) and do the modern architecture passage (4th) because it was a lot easier.

*&^% - yea but how would i have known that?